Preference #12: He Helps You With Your Insecurities.

Josh: “I’m home, love!” He called out. When you didn’t answer, he began looking for you. “Y/N?” He called, peaking into your shared bedroom. “What are you doing?” He asked, shocked. You were standing in front of your full-length mirror in spandex and a sports bra, frowning. “Don’t look at me!” You exclaimed, forcing him to turn around. “Baby, what’s wrong?” He was concerned, but still had his back towards you. “Why do you even love me?” You asked, staring back into the mirror and seeing everything your hated. Your hips, thighs and stomach were all to big. And you didn’t even have a gap in between your thighs. “What kind of a question is that?” He asked, surprised. “I’m hideous!” You choked out, tears welling up in your eyes. “That is ridiculous, Y/N.” He growled and it was your turn to be surprised. “I don’t love you for your looks! I love you for what’s inside! Like how caring you are, how you get along so well with the boys, how unique and fun you are… not by your body.” He finished and you smiled a bit as he turned back around and rested his chin on your shoulder, arms wrapping around your waist. “But for the record? Your body is ridiculously beautiful. You’re a stunner.” He whispered in your ear. 

JJ: It was your first time meeting JJ’s parents and you were extremely nervous. You were most worried about how they would react to your teeth. They were normal, except for the gap in between your two front ones. You were very self conscious about it, as you wanted them to think you were good for their son. His father told a particularly funny story and you giggled. But quickly, you covered your mouth and frowned. “Y/N, are you alright, dear?” His mother asked, concerned. “Oh yes, I’m fine, thank you.” You smiled a tightly closed-mouth smile. “Hey babe, can I see you for a sec?” JJ asked, tipping his head towards the hall. “Sure.” You told his parents you’d be right back before heading out of the room with him. “What’s up?” He asked crossing his arms and standing before you. “Nothing!” You lied, answering too quickly. “Y/N…” He raised his eyebrows at you and you sighed. “It’s nothing, JJ.” You lied again. “No secrets, remember?” He had you. “Okay fine. I’m just embarrassed about my teeth, okay?” You blushed and looked down, till you felt his finger under your chin, forcing your eyes to meet his. “Babe, don’t be ridiculous. I love your gap! It’s the cutest!” He smiled at you and you reached up to move a piece of hair of his forehead. “Really?” You asked, hopeful. “Really.” He replied, sure of himself. With that, the two of you headed hand in hand back to his parents, where you laughed freely and smiled wide for the rest of the night. 

Jaymi: You cried silently, tears rushing down your face as you read the latest magazine title. It was so embarrassing to be called out for something you couldn’t control- especially your acne. You always did your best to cover it up, but apparently you weren’t doing a good enough job. Getting ready for your date with Jaymi that evening, you caked on primer, BB cream, liquid foundation, and a powder foundation. When Jaymi came to pick you up, he was very surprised. “Hey, love. Doing something, er, different with your makeup today?” He asked and you nodded. However, the rest of the night he was a bit off, seeming almost uncomfortable. “Jaymi, what’s wrong?” You finally asked, as he seemed to wrestle with his thoughts. “Y/N why did you cake your beautiful face in that makeup?” He finally asked. “You think it looks bad?” You worried. “No, I think it’s not you. Now what’s this about?” You sighed and explained the article. “They called me a pizza face!” “Oh, honey, your face is beautiful. I don’t care if you get a pimple now and again, I do too! Now go wipe that gunk off.” You smiled at him, knowing he was right. After washing all but the slightest of the foundation off in the restaurant bathroom, you went back to join him. “Beautiful.” He remarked, leaning over the table to kiss your cheek. 

George: You were on a plastic surgery website, looking at breast implants. You had a nice, medium size, but had suddenly become extremely embarrassed when you went to the club and saw these girls with DDs and larger. “Hey George, what would you think of me getting surgery?” You asked timidly, and his head immediately snapped up from his laptop. “What’s wrong? Are you hurt? Do I need to get you to the hospital?” He said worriedly and you giggled slightly. “No, it’s nothing like that… I just… I think I need to increase the size of um,” You looked down and pointed to your chest. “What?!” He yelped and jumped out of his seat, in front of you in a flash. “No! Y/N! You are never ever going to change yourself! You’re beautiful and perfect and I love you, not plastic!” He said hurriedly, looking straight into your eyes the whole time. “It’s just… all these girls at the club are so big and-” “And you, my love, are naturally perfect. They have to pay to try and be pretty, while you are stunning already… and all the time.” George explained and you smiled wide. “I love you, you know that?” You murmured against his lips, arms wrapped around his neck. “I love you, too.” He chuckled before kissing you passionately, carrying you to the bedroom.