Peference #46: He Can't Understand What You're Saying While You're Crying.

George:

At first he tries to make out the words but your loud hiccups, tears and the occasionally muffled by your hands words just sound like chinese to his ears. “Sweetie calm down. Shh, just breathe with me okay? Everything’s okay, I’m here.” he says as he rubs your back trying to get you to stop crying, so maybe he can understand your problem.

Josh:

He’s away on tour and you just called him crying. After the first shock and heartbreak he wants to know what’s hurting you. 

“Baby…what happened?” the only word you could pronounce normally was ‘I’ and then you burst into a fit of loud sobs. 

“Hey, darling what happened? Tell me please.” You tried, but you sounded like a toddler who can’t talk properly yet. 

“Shh. I can’t understand if you’re crying.” he began humming a sooth melody until your sobs died away. 

“Good. Now, tell me what made you so upset.”

JJ:

He knows that you’re really strong and that you like to hold back your feelings until they become too heavy on your shoulders and you break down. When it happens, he doesn’t try to get you to speak, knowing it’s almost impossible. He just pulls you close, tells you constantly how much he loves you and occasionally kisses your cheeks wiping your tears away until no more drops left and you’re able to pour your heart out to him.

Jaymi:

Whenever he sees a frown on your face he’ll instantly pull you close. You bury your head into his warm chest and he rests his chin on the top of your head. He swings you back and forth as you cry into his shirt. You try to speak but your words are muffled by his body. The incomprehensible words just make him pull you even closer making it even more impossible for you to make human noises. A little mistake in the logic, but you appreciate his presence.