Preference #92: He Defends You When You're Not There.

JJ: He hears two of the other contestants have a judgmental conversation about you backstage. After trying to hold his tongue, he puffs his chest out and walks over. “Excuse me”, he clears his throat. “You have no right to talk about Y/N that way, you don’t even know her”. He gives them both a hard look. “And if I ever hear you talking about her that way again…”, he threatens, but there’s an awkward silence. “Just don’t do it”, he mumbled with a frown, and walks off. 

George: He hears a bad comment about you being shouted by a fan. He’s caught the fans eye, and pulls her aside. “I don’t like to hear stuff like that being said”, he tells her with serious eyes. “Especially not about Y/N. You should be glad she’s not here, she would be hurt”. He sighs, starting to walk off, but turns around one last time. “And I don’t like seeing the people I love being hurt”. 

Josh: After his girl mates have met you for the first time, they’re very jealous. And after you’ve left, they don’t have many nice things to say. Josh stops them immediately. “No no no”, he shakes his head with a chuckle at their comments. “You’re only jealous. Y/N is absolutely perfect to me. Anyone can see she’s both stunning and intelligent, come on, get a life”. 

Jaymi: You’ve spent quite a lot of time with him backstage at the x-factor. And he tends to lose focus when you’re present. One time, the managers pull Jaymi aside, telling him that you’re not good for him. Jaymi’s not the one to get mad, but this time, he does. “That’s ridiculous! She’s the reason I get through the day and all the hard working”. He frowns defensively. “Leave her alone”.