Preference #82: He Makes You Feel Insecure.

Josh: Josh opened his mouth, taking in a huge bite of the pizza a fan had so lovingly dropped off. He moaned involuntarily, letting the cheese create a string between his mouth and the greasy, deliciousness. You looked at your salad, crinkling your nose as you pushed the unwanted vegetable around your plate. You looked back up at Josh, who was smiling at you slightly. “Want some?” He asked, dangling the pizza in front of you. Your willpower almost cracked but you shook your head, stabbing the lettuce with your fork before shoving it in your mouth quickly. Josh laughed, taking another bite. “I'm proud of you babe, this diet is going really well for you.” You shrugged slightly, “Yeah, but I miss foooodddd” You whined. “Yeah, but look at how sexy you've gotten.” Josh said, averting his eyes to his cellphone which was now buzzing loudly at the table. Immediately you dropped your fork, averting your eyes to the table. You pushed the food away, a frown forming on your lips. “Aren't you hungry?” Josh piped, his brows furrowed. “No,” You snapped, “I wouldn't want to be any less sexy” You said, mocking his tone. Josh's mouth immediately dropped open, “But I didn't mean- I just thought- uh-babe!” Josh said, his voice cracking slightly. “I just wanted to encourage you!” Josh said, his eyes absolutely begging for your forgiveness. You sighed, pulling the plate back towards you, the ceramic scraping along the surface. “Babe?” “It's fine.” You snapped.

George: Your palms started to sweat and you looked out the window, your heart beating faster as the signs flew past your vision, signaling you were getting closer and closer to your destination. “Y/N, you ok?” George asked, looking over at you. “Yeah...” You said, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. “That doesn't sound very sure.” George said, “C'mon you can tell me what's wrong.” You sighed, “George, what is the boys don't like me?” You asked. “And I can't handle the thought of you having to choose.” You said, your voice trailing off softly. George paused for a moment, absentmindedly tapping his fingers to the beat of the song on the radio. “I mean, if you're really worried about it, maybe just don't talk that much, you kind of have a habit of rambling, so if you keep your talking to a bare minimum you won't say anything you don't mean.” You bit your lip, the pressure keeping your words at bay. You took in a deep breath, one somewhat shaky with rage, “Oh, I didn't realize I was so annoying.” “Sweetheart...” George reasoned but you quickly grabbed your earbuds, shoving them into your ears and turning up your iPod to full blast. All of the sudden George reached out, tugging on the chords, sending the plastic to the floor. “Y/N, I didn't mean it like that, I was just trying to help.” “Well you didn't, and, if you want, you can just drop me off at the hotel so I am not irritating everyone.” George sighed, “You know that's not what I was suggesting.” “And you know what George? At this point I don't care.”

Jaymi: You grabbed the newspaper off of the step, unlocking the door and pushing your hip against it sending it swinging back. Kicking the door shut behind you, you dropped your bag, your eyes skimming the front page of the paper. You groaned at the headlines, which never seemed to change. You flipped the page as you walked into the kitchen, your mouth dropping open. “Trouble at home? Union J's Jaymi hints at relationship problems.” You collapsed at the kitchen table, your eyes reading every word. “Constantly stressed...no relief...neighbors say that partner Y/N is demanding...Hensley says it's hard because Y/N can get very jealous.” You slammed the paper shut, bringing your hand to your forehead. You saw a text from Jaymi flash across your screen, you grimaced, turning the phone off before making your way to the couch, curling yourself up. After a few minutes knocking started at your door, becoming more and more persistent every second it was ignored. You dragged yourself off the couch, moving towards the door, opening it to see Jaymi. You attempted to close the door again, the hurt bubbling inside of you, but Jaymi blocked the door, pushing himself into the apartment, and pulling you into a hug. “I didn't say any of that, I swear.”

JJ: "She's gorgeous isn't she?" You glance up from your menu, to spot a woman across the bar. JJ was right, absolutely stunning, leggy, big boobs, a nice butt, she was perfection. "Yeah, she's great." You say, averting your eyes back to the menu, trying to keep your cool. "Aw babe, you're not jealous are you?" You looked back at him, eyes blazing, "What? Jealous that you find that woman, who looks absolutely nothing like me gorgeous?" You laughed sarcastically, "No, I can't see the problem with that at all." JJ rolled his eyes, "I don't get why you always have to be like this." You slammed the menu onto the table, "Be like what? Upset that I will never look good enough, be good enough for you?" "Babe, that's not what I meant at all." "Whatever, can we just go?" You asked, feeling your throat swell as your eyes started to fill with tears, "Please." JJ remained silent on the car ride home as you kept your face turned towards the window, keeping your tears as best a secret as you could. When you finally arrived home you couldn't get into the house fast enough. You locked yourself in the bathroom, staring at your reflection in the mirror. A soft knock caused you to jump as you tried to wipe away the mascara streaks from your face. "Baby, please, I didn't" He sighed, "I didn't mean to make you feel, god, you're perfect and I love you so much, please just, forgive me."