Preference #75: High School Couple.

George: The time in between bells never seem long enough to you. Hurriedly, you gather up your textbook and composition notebook, shutting your locker and closing the latch. “Hello, lovely,” you hear your boyfriend’s voice over everyone elses, and for a moment, it brings a smile to your face. “Hi, George. I’m sorry but I’m running late for calculus. I’ll see you at lunch,” you kiss his cheek quickly and try to walk away, but he pulls you close with a mischievous smile. “Let’s skip. You can get your assignment later,” he tries to bribe you, pulling on your hand. “Please. Let’s go off campus for lunch or something.” You stare at him for a moment, trying not to give into his sparkling eyes; but it’s hard. Letting out a groan, you lace your fingers with his, “Fine. I guess I can deal with a trip to the mall over math class.”

Josh: “How come you get to lunch so early? I hate waiting in line for food,” you frown at your boyfriend, setting your bag and purse down. “Senior privilege,” he smiles smugly, sitting across from you. You stick your tongue out a him, which makes him laugh, “It’s not fair! I’m only a year behind you.” He smiles at you and shrugs, “Lucky for you, I’m a great boyfriend.” Laughing, you raise an eyebrow, “What does that have to do with anything?” He slides a tray across the table and winks at you, “I already bought your food. So, no lines today.” “Awh, thanks, babe,” you smile, leaning across the table and giving him a kiss. “So, how’s your day been? I hate not having classes with you,” you cross your legs and look at him, waiting for you answer. He gives you a sweet smile and picks the spoon up off your tray, offering you a bite, “It’s better now that I’m with you.”

Jaymi: Carefully, you hold your flip flops in your hand and walk across the wet football field. “Excuse you, Mr. Hensley. What are you doing down here?” you ask your boyfriend, who is standing underneath the bleachers. Letting out a laugh, he says, “Not wanting to deal with history class.” Smiling, you wrap your arms around him and sigh, “I totally understand.” He places a kiss on top of your head and rubs your back softly, “Only a few weeks until graduation.” You look up at him and nod, “I know. I’m so excited!” Laughing, he plays with the fabric of your shirt, “It’s so cool that we made it through every year of school together. We’ve known each other forever.” You’re about to continue talking, but your interrupted, hearing the deep voice of your school principal, “Mr. Hensley, Ms. [Y/L/N]…Would you like to explain this in my office?” You and Jaymi look at each other and laugh. “Well, we might not make it to graduation after all,” you whisper. “We will, only if we’re not suspended,” Jaymi smirks, taking your hand and following the principal.

JJ: “What the hell,” you say to yourself, looking at the principal’s note your teacher had handed you. Standing cluelessly in the middle of the hallway, you try to figure out what you could’ve done wrong. You almost yelp, scared by your phone vibration and, quickly, you pull it out of your pocket and read the text: “come see me in the boys bathroom! .xx” You roll your eyes and walk to the restroom, pushing the door open and seeing your boyfriend immediately. “JJ, I can’t do this. I have to go to the office,” you explain, looking at him. He chuckles and pulls you closer to him, “No, you don’t. Because I grabbed a blank note when I was up there earlier and faked it so you could get out of class.” Your jaw drops, but you’re honestly not surprised. It’s definitely a stunt he would pull. “You’re so cheeky,” you laugh, shaking your head. A smirk plays across his lips and he grips your sides, “Oh, you have no idea, love.” You let out a loud laugh as he pulls you into a bathroom stall.