Peference #5: You're A Few Years Younger Than Him.

George: You had begun dating the famous George Shelley from Union J when you were just fifteen. Although this really didn’t seem like a problem, George was nineteen at the time. He did everything he possibly could to keep you from the hate, but sometimes, it just didn’t work. Fans lashed out at you for being a ‘beard’, for being a cover for George’s real girlfriends, and occasionally where just all around nasty. One day, when the hate was particularly bad, you locked the door to your bathroom and just started crying. After about an hour, when you hadn’t moved, you heard George knock on the door. ‘(Y/N)? Please come out, baby?’ When you only sniffled in response, George jiggled the door handle and let his way in, and his face dropped. ‘The hate again… isn’t it?’ He sat down on the floor next to you and pulled you into his arms. You wrapped your arms around his neck and buried your face in his shoulder. ‘I love you, okay (Y/N)? That’s the only thing that matters. Not the fans, not the age, just you. And I love you.’ He bent down and kissed your nose, and you knew he was right.

Josh: Come on!’ Josh whined playfully, tugging on the hem of your shirt and trying to get you to go out to dinner. ‘I don’t want too, Joshua!’ You shrieked, running back towards the safety of the couch, ‘Let’s just stay in.’ ‘You always want to stay in though.’ Josh murmured, joining you on the couch. ‘This doesn’t have anything to do with the fans, does it?’ You had just gone public with Josh, and the five year age gap was driving some fans up the wall. Maybe just a little.’ you murmured, tucking your head in his chest. ‘Well..’ Josh exhaled, rubbing your back, ‘I love you. We’ll stay in tonight. But in the near future, I want to parade my beautiful girl off to the world, okay?’ ‘I think I can manage that.’ you grinned at him while giving a little wink.

Jaymi: What’s the big deal?’ Jaymi said casually, walking into the living room of his flat. You were nose deep in a gossip magazine, with your and Jaymi’s picture splattered all of the cover. ‘Don’t you see?’ You nearly shrieked. ‘They’re tearing you apart! They’re calling you a cradle robber.’ You felt tears prick your eyes. Jaymi rushed over to you, grabbing the magazine and throwing it in the trash, before rejoining you on the couch and kissing you gently. ‘I don’t care what they call me. I only care what you call me.’ ‘Boyfriend?’ You smiled sweetly. ‘Exactly.’ he grinned. ‘So if they call me a cradle robber, they can. You’re fifteen. You can make your own damn decisions.’ ‘Well,’ you bit your lip. ‘For being twenty two, they think you’re making a terrible one.’ Jaymi pushed you closer to his chest and thought for a minute. ‘I wish they could see this.’ He mused. ‘What?’ “You. Right now. Your first instinct about that article was how it would affect me. Not you. Me. You’re constantly thinking of other people. That’s not something most fifteen year olds do. You’re different. And I love you, (Y/N).’ 

JJThey hate me though J’ you cried quietly into your boyfriends shirt. ‘They absolutely hate me!’ You had recently gone public with your boyfriend of 6 months, JJ Hamblett, and you were being bombarded by copious amounts of Twitter hate. ‘We’re deleting your Twitter.’ JJ said gently, reaching for your phone. Fans had gone absolutely crazy discovering your relationship with JJ, you being seventeen and him being twenty four. Most of the hate coming from older fans, saying you weren’t ‘good enough’ for him, and he deserved a ‘woman’. ‘I hope you don’t believe any of them.’ JJ mused, gently kissing your forehead. ‘Because you’re everything I need. I dated an older woman, didn’t work out.’ JJ joked, givint you a little wink in the process. ‘The year you were born means nothing. You mean everything. So, let’s go get dinner, okay?’ JJ smiled and you agreed. That boy could always brighten your day.