Grey

Grey.

The colour of his eyes. That icy stare. Far more pompous and confident than his years would lend it.

I saw it as a challenge.

Lucius Malfoy was in his third year.

A Pureblood, Sacred Twenty-Eight, so we'd seen each other occasionally throughout our whole lives.

A Slytherin so we'd shared the same space for 3 years at Hogwarts- the dungeon.

Id not noticed him. Not really.
We were three years apart. He was too young, I was too busy with others.

But when we returned , that September...

The sorting was finished, the feast in the Great Hall cleared away, everyone settled back into their dorms now relaxing and catching up with each other in the common room.

There were certain unspoken rules in the Slytherin room.

The black leather sofas- they were for upperclassmen fifth through seventh years. If we were in the room we had rights to them.

I came down from unpacking my belongings a bit later than most, and found my group of friends already sitting . And one blonde infiltrator.

Malfoy.

He was sat in what should be my spot, my friends , my sofa, my spot.

I walked over greeted my friends and looked into his icy stare. He knew he needed to leave but sat and stared like he was waiting to see what I would do. Expectantly.

"Up" I commanded simply.

Lucius sat there , arched a brow and sat back into the sofa, affecting that signature smirk he's known for.

"Really?" I cocked my chin in defiance and looked down my nose at him as I waited for him to get up and weighed my options in case he didn't.

After a long moment where my friends watched, after his brow arched higher than anyone's should be able to and that stare had made its way to my brain, intriguing me, I made my move.

"Fine. Stay there . But it's still my spot and I don't give things away."

I sat down on him, hard. He didn't even flinch at this girl whom he'd barely spoken to previously assertively settling herself into his lap. He merely relaxed further as if this was his place, as though everything played into his hand as it always did, as though it was perfectly natural to have me sat on him.

The side of his hand brushed against mine and I glared into those gray eyes and turned to talk with my friends as he sat with that self satisfied look on his face.

Little did I know this was just the first of many power plays between us.

I like to think, we both won.

{People fall in love in mysterious ways. Maybe just the touch of a hand ...-Ed Sheeran}