Green Silk

Green

Slytherin green. The sheets on his bed (our bed now) of course were an homage to our House.

I laughed as he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me down with him onto the bed, noticing the colour scheme.

We'd leave for our honeymoon the following morning but were spending the night at Lestrange Manor. Our home now. His parents had moved back to France in early summer leaving Rod the English manor. Rod and I.

"I love your laugh, it's like silver bells " he'd said,  his mouth pressed against my neck, fingers deftly untying the corseted back of my wedding gown with the expectant eagerness of any young groom.

I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply trying not to let my nervousness show.

It wouldn't  be my first time- far from it.

I wasn't always evil , but I've never been innocent

Sacred Twenty Eight brides were to remain "pure" until their  wedding nights. Both Rodolphus and I knew the only thing pure about me was my blood.

He didn't mind. In fact he quite preferred inheriting a wife with the skills of a courtesan as opposed to an untouched Virgin.

My anxiety came from it being the first time with him. We'd done nearly everything but I had always held him off.  Im not sure how he even accepted my excuses , im sure he knew the real reason. I may be his betrothed but I was Lucius' . Even if publicly we weren't together, Rod had to know we still were.

As my mind was lost in its nervous ramblings he'd loosened the bodice of my gown and slipped it from my shoulders kissing the newly exposed flesh.

I stood up letting the dress fall into a pool of silk and lace on the floor leaving me stood in only my corset and a bit of lace below.

His eyes raked over me as I unlaced the front of my corset. He'd seen me before and I
him, yet we'd never managed yet to be fully undressed in front of each other .

"Belle" he whispered as breathed in as my fingers slid off the silk and bone that had been tied tightly to me , it falling to the floor with my expensive discarded gown.

I smiled softly, shyly. So unlike myself. "A blushing bride" my always sarcastic mind quipped and I fought an eyeroll at myself . In the meantime he'd moved to the edge of the bed and had grabbed my waist pulling me close to him. His hands ran over the contours of my newly exposed body an appreciative smile on his face before he grabbed me behind my thighs and lifted me onto his lap.

I unbuttoned his shirt as his mouth met mine,  his hungrily mine submissively playing my role. My hands ran down his arms to the shirt  cuffs. As I removed the diamond cuff links my eyes rested on the pristine white of his cuffs , my mind pulling into sharp recall the black smeared cuffs of Lucius just that morning as he wiped the salted tears I shed seemingly endlessly . I must have paused longer than I realised for he put a finger under my chin and tilted my face to look up at his , his holding a concerned confused expression .

He removed his other hand from its place exploring my body and and caught at the corner of my eye a tear I didn't I know I was holding just before it was shed.

"What's wrong Belle" he asked softly.

I smiled. "Im just so happy " I lied .

Lies and smiles...

With that he'd pulled us down to the bed his clothes eventually mingling with mine on the floor as our bodies pressed together.

Id tried to be a good wife- to think only of him as we came together , but how could I when even a simple shirtsleeve could make my heart ache for another?