Graphite Grey

Gray

Damp Dark gray

The colour of the stone in the hidden tunnels beneath the House of Black.

They reflected my mood. My soul as the reality of the life I was being forced into hit me.

The Sacred Twenty - Eight and their archaic ritual of arranged marriage.

Mine was tomorrow.

Rodolphus and I.

But tonight....

Tonight it was all about him.

Sirius and I had found these tunnels as kids as part of our normal mischiefing.

But ever since Hogwarts let out for this term;
My last term , Id been using them for a bit more.

I heard his footsteps and my heart raced.

My feet instinctively took off carrying me toward him.

"Bella" his lips always spoke my name like a prayer in those days. We knew our time was limited .

Each minute borrowed, fleeting.

Id always wrap myself around him fiercely and he'd laugh .

Everytime .

Our lips would meet and we'd burn.

Kissing him has always been like being chased by wild fire .
We always ran the risk of being consumed . And everytime we sacrificed ourselves to the flames.

There had never been butterflies- only fire.

We'd finally make our way down the corridor the end I came from, into the house not out.

He wasn't leaving .

If our moments were limited I was stretching them.

I couldn't have let go of him if Id wanted to. Our souls pulled at each other. We were meant to be together no matter what pure blood documents had been signed.

Id check around and make sure no one was around - not even a house elf and return, casting concealment and silencing charms on us.

We'd creep upstairs , it reminded me of being a kid and sneaking back up stairs with Sirius after making some kind of trouble.

Only that was child's play.

There was nothing childish in my intent now.

The door closed behind us we'd immediately find each other again. The darkness wrapped around us as we wrapped around each other .

All was well with the world until dawn and the damnable light creeping in on us .

He'd kiss me hard and go back the way he came , away from me. Until night fell once more.

Maybe that's where I loved to learn darkness.

At that time nothing good for me came with the light .