Chapter 1 *REWRITTEN*

"Good morning, slut." I heard Delta Young say as he walked past the empty cells making his way to mine.

I knew better than to answer him, I couldn't break the rules. For the past twelve years, I had it drilled in my head to follow the four rules- don't look the leaders in the eyes, don't ask when you're going to be fed, don't show fear and most importantly don't show pain.

"Bryan, did you tell the slut what her punishment is going to be?" One of the guards asked.

It was Monday, every Monday was the same- they would come into the cells, wash me down with a firehose to keep me 'appropriate' before going over my punishment for the week-they would give me water, about every other day however

"Well Ebony." Delta Young sneered my name, making me want to disappear into the grime covered floor. They normally don't acknowledge my name- only when they had something horrible planned. "I don't think I am going to tell you this time."

Delta Young took one of the whips, bringing it down to my skin eighteen times- one for each year I've been alive. The guard came over beating me until I felt my ribs crack. One by one. They continued this method for a while, letting my ribs heal before breaking them again.

I don't know why they didn't let up- normally they let me go once they went up for food, something I've haven't had in the longest time. Maybe it was Christmas when they let me eat? I remember that there was snow.

Why was I here in the cells anyways? I'm a survivor. When I was six, the Midnight Summer Pack decided to attack my pack, the Crescent Bloods, killing the whole pack in front of me. When the Alpha saw that I was still alive, he took me in to be the pack slave, until my first shift that is. From then on, I was the pack's new plaything. I've never been allowed to stay in the pack house, just in the cells.

From what I remember, The Crescent Bloods were a small pack but had powerful allies- at least I think they did. I remember having another pack always being around, actually I just remember an older boy who always came over. He used to bring me candy and other treats, mostly gummy worms; I can't remember the last time I saw him. Then again, I can't remember much since my head is their favorite spot to hit, I just remember the gummy worms.

I felt a throbbing pain on my head, bringing me out of my thoughts. Well, until I was surrounded by the darkness I've been accustomed to.

I woke up to the sound of men storming down the stairs; the cells were dim, it couldn't have been that long since the sunset. If I keep my eyes close, they'll think that I'm still unconscious, hopefully.

"Bryan, Greyson and his men are on his way here." Beta Jones spoke.

"What did Alpha do to piss off Greyson?"

"Listen."

I heard another voice echo through the cells, "I've played this fucking game for nearly five fucking years now, Perry. I will being coming on your land, either you fucking let me on it or I will attack. Your choice. Think of your pack."

"If we kill the bitch we might be able to get out of this."

"Why her?"

"Maybe they opened the case about the Crescent Bloods again, figured out what happened and Alpha doesn't need Greyson to find any survivors. Now are you going to kill her or just stand there?"

"Wait, someone is awake." Bryan commented.

"I'll leave you to your fun, I am going to make sure our fighters are ready."

"Once I'm done with you, Greyson won't even take a second look at you." He stated before starting his attack on me.

Why do they keep mentioning Greyson? Why does that name seem so familiar? Unless it was- no it had to be the Alpha of the Bloodrose pack, the largest and strongest pack who takes no prisoners and certainly no survivors. I've heard that Alpha Greyson was one of the cruelest Alphas out there- maybe he will attack this pack and I'll finally see my family again. Maybe he'll kill me himself.