Chapter 32

Nolan's POV

Why the hell didn't my grandmother tell me about Consintina being the witch that originally did the wolf switching. I thought when Ebs told me that she was the witch, I assumed that she was the twin of Consintina- not Consintina herself.

Once again, I was glad that Ebony was sleeping but this time she would be yelling at me for speeding, going a hundred miles an hour in a fifty zone. The meeting with Missy didn't give that much information besides who Consintinia was. I knew there was a reason why I had a weird feeling about her and why I didn't like her.

Now, I wasn't going to outright go and call my grandmother out about Consintina, but rather I plan to trap her in the web of lies she created- unless my grandmother actually had no idea about this. I am going to first go after Consintina and the person who's wolf was sacrificed- when I find out who they are.
Stop freaking out Nolan.

You're not freaking out over what happened?

I am, but we have to consider other things.

Like what Nox? Ebony could have died when they were killing Eva!

I know, but trust me I think that there is a reason for everything,.

What are you? Gandhi?

Nope, now slow down, Mate is starting to wake up.

Doing what he asked, I slowed down to about seventy miles, before Ebony started to wake up. "N-nolan?"

"Yes, little wolf?"

"Wh-why would C-consintina help you if she helped the M-midnight Su-summers?"

"I honestly have no idea."

"O-off with her head?" Ebony asked once again- I'm starting to think that showing her "Alice in Wonderland" wasn't the best idea. But Mate is so cute when she asks us that question.

"No, not yet- we have to ask her why and then off with her head- maybe."

"F-fine." She huffed while pouting.

"What do you want to do when we get home?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Sl-sleep for a mil-million years."

"But you just woke up."

"T-that d-doesn't mean I can't go back t-to sleep."

"You can, but who told you that?"

"J-jay."

I figured that much. "And when did he say this?"

"Wh-when I-i w-woke him up the o-other day."

"Never said that he was the smartest of the bunch." I mumbled under my breath.

Tapping my nose, Ebony told me. "T-that's not ni-nice, Nolan."

"But it's just Jay- if it was anyone else besides him I wouldn't have said anything." I lied.

You are such a dirty little liar. Dirty- dirty liar.

I know, but I've really gotten better, Nox.

You still call them names in your head.

Yes and before I would have said them outloud.

I'll admit that that is some progress, not much.

Shut up!

"O-okay. S-so are we going t-to meet up w-with Missy again?

"Yes but next time she wants to have Teddy come with us."

"Wh-why?"

"Because they used to be friends and if anyone could know if she was lying it would be Teddy."

"W-well t-that's good?"

"Yes, that is a good thing."

"G-good."

"So what do you want to do when we get home?"

"Sle-sleep. T-this time t-thing is annoying."

"I know it is but I promise you that it will get better." I pulled into the driveway. "Are you sure that you want to take a nap?"

"No, I w-want t-to read."

Quickly getting out of the car, and opening her door, I asked. "And what do you want to read?"

" Mi-miss Pereg-peregrine's Home for Pec-Peculiar Children"

"What's that one about?" I honestly had no idea what book she was reading or what's it about because she's going through books like an alcoholic goes through bottles.

"A-a ti-time traveler g-goes to W-world W-war Two and gets s-stuck."

"Get's stuck?"

"Y-yep."

I told her as I opened the front door to the house. "Alright, that seems interesting."

"A-and the c-children are mutants."

"Mutants?"

"T-they have special powers."

"Gotcha." I may have told another lie- maybe it makes more sense to her because she's reading it.

"G-good." She started to walk up to our bedroom. "I-i'll be back."

While Ebony went to the bedroom, I decided to make her something to eat. It wasn't going to be something big but it should hold her over for a while, hopefully.

. "N-nolan?"

"Yes?" I asked, turning around to see Ebony wearing my clothes once again as she sat down at the island.

"W-why are your clothes mo-more comfy t-then mine?"

"I don't know." I tried to not laugh at her.

"Alrighty." She yawned.

I finished making her a small bowl of popcorn, I once again saw her sleeping. Chuckling softly, I picked her up and carried her over to the couch, setting her on it. I'm going to have to call Dina again soon, not just for another check up but because Ebony seems to be sleeping a lot more lately and I'm wondering if it is because of how hard I am working her or if something else is going on.

While Ebony was sleeping, I took this time to come up with a way to convince my grandmother to come over- which wouldn't be that hard other than the fact that she's over at her sisters again.

I'm starting to believe that my life is in in a gridlock- I need to attack the Midnight Summers but I can't do that while I am interrogating Missy and I need to know where Consitinia is but because she's a witch she probably has a charm outside her house so I'll need my Grandmother to tell me where she is but my grandmother is with her sister!

Are you done complaining? I mean you are bringing me down.

Seriously? Nox you know what my problem is.

Okay, but let's try thinking on the positive side- mate is safe and happy. The Midnight Summers are not terrorizing anyone else at the moment and the bitch- I mean witch, is not in our hair. Nolan you need to start to work on looking at the bright side.

I know but-

Look, Grandma is going to be here for Easter and we can talk to her than.

Fine. I'll try looking on the bright side.

Good, no more dark and twisty Nolan.

Seriously?

Looovvveee you! 

*Haha, sometimes I really love Nox. Again another filler chapter that doesn't have much to do with the chapter other than the last part.*