Chapter 12 *REWRITTEN*

Nolan's POV

"Can you believe it Sue?" I heard her say, waking me up. Oh hell no. Please no. "My grandson forgets to tell me that he found his mate that he's been waiting for and searching for ten years and finally finds her but forgets to mention it to his grandmother."

"Good morning, how was your trip?" I whispered as I cracked my neck- I am never sleeping on his couch again. Ebony was still sleeping and I want to keep it that way so I went to get up but she nestled into my chest.

"It's eleven at night."

"Okay? How was your trip?" I rolled my eyes.

"It was fine- my sister is my sister. So are you going to tell me what happened that was so important you couldn't tell me, the one that you promised to first when you found Ebony again?"

She hasn't even been back for ten minutes and my grandmother is laying on the guilt trip. My grandparents were the ones that raised me; I was about twenty when my mom started paying attention to me again. I brushed it off as my mom coping with the fact that her mate rejected her.

"I'll keep it simple, she was kept in the Midnight Summer's pack cells,and was nearly attacked when I was training the teenagers by the gamma of the Midnight Suns who was masquerading around as Dr. Connor. Um found out about the abuse that she went through when she was in the cell, um she was just poisoned."

"That all happened within the two months since I've been with my sister?"

"Yeah." I looked down at my little wolf, running my hands through her hair as I was smiling while realizing how strong she really is.

"Does she remember anything from before the attack?"

"Gummy worms, that's really the only thing she remembers before the age of ten."

"What are you going to do?"

"Trying to trick the pack into coming to the mating ceremony before arresting the members." I paused. "How was your trip?"

"It was good but my sister annoys me. Why didn't you call me? I could have left earlier-"

"Seriously Grandma?

"Granny?" Ebony mumbled, waking up

"Hi Ebony." My grandmother smiled. While my grandmother was strict with me, anything Ebony did flew under her radar and she could do no wrong. "Has Nolan been taking good care of you?"

"Y-yes."

"Good, that just means I don't have to knock some sense into him." Grandma laughed.

"Pl-please do-don't hu-hurt him."

"Don't worry I won't- Nolan I have people to see, I'll be back later." And with that she left.

"I-i'm sorry." Ebony mumbled.

"Why?"

"Be-because I-i re-remembered G-granny and not yo-you."

"It's okay little one, I went through some changes after you left and my grandmother still looks exactly the same little wolf, it's fine." I tried to figure out why she didn't remember most of us- Teddy, Jay and me because we went through puberty after she left. I mean if I was still the scrawny fifteen year old, thank God I'm not, I was when she left- Ebony probably would have remembered me.

"Wh-what ch-changes?"

"I just, um got taller, lost the baby fat and grew more muscles." I paused. Maybe Grandma might be able to explain things better than I could. "Let me talk to Grandma to see if she would be willing to explain things better than me."