Chapter 13 *REWRITTEN*

Nolan's POV

"N-nolan?" I felt Ebony shake my shoulder, waking me up. Sitting up slightly I could see she was clearly shaken up about something, tears were flowing and she was rocking back and forth.

"Did you have a nightmare little wolf?" Normally Ebony wakes me up about once every few nights due to a nightmare- so I thought that was the reason.

"N-no, I haven't go-gone to bed yet."

"Why?" I asked, pulling her in close, hoping to give her some sense of comfort. "Honey, it's two in the morning."

"I....I tried...I tried to....but E-eva keeps...keeps saying things...things that I know....know aren't true."

"Like what little wolf?"

"That you...that you hate me...and I should...should just die."

"I could never hate you."

"I...I know... but she...she is always telling me...me things that would get me...me in trouble." Ebony started to hyperventilate.

"Breathe little wolf." I kissed the top of her head. "I'm sorry little wolf."

"And...and I thought...thought m-my wolf's...wolf's name was Lux." She gripped my arm. What does she mean? Wolves don't change names.

"Ebony you need to breathe."

"I...I d-don't want...want a wolf any....anymore." She pounded on her head. "Please...please make it..it stop."

I gently took Ebony's wrists to make her stop hurting herself. "I'll try my hardest to make it stop, I promise you that I will." Her breathing was slowly starting to return to normal. I sat up, rubbing her back, whispering in her ear hoping to calm her down.

Ten minutes later, Ebony finally fell asleep again. I know wolves are supposed to be mischievous but I've never even heard of a wolf being this horrible before, maybe my grandmother has. I don't know what to say to Ebony about her wolf- I mean Nox and I get into fights but he never says that I should die.

I barely sleep, but the next morning I left Ebony a note on the bed saying that I was downstairs. I hate tearing myself away from her but I need to find out how to help her and she needs her sleep.

Fuck. I don't even know if you can even remove a wolf without killing the human.

"It's now morning Nolan." Grandma said as she helped herself to my coffee, while I sat down on the stool.

"Morning, I have a question for you."

"That's never good."

"Grandma, it's pretty serious."

"Hit me with it then."

"I know our wolves are meant to be the more childish of us but what happens when a wolf is driving the human off the deep end."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning Ebony;s wolf is trying to get her in trouble and trying to convince her to kill herself."

"I have heard of something that but it was only meant to be used as torture." She paused. "Have you ever heard of 'wolf-switching'?"

"No?"

"Well, it's when a pack has a human who is training since they were young to have their wolf hate a human and when the pack finds an enemy they take the trained wolf and place that wolf in the prisoner."

Can she speak in English- I have no Idea what she just said.

"Can you explain this in the simplest way possible."