Chapter 23

Nolan's POV

"What type of cake do you want?" I heard Jay ask Ebony, as I walked into the house after working the cells. "Here are some really good flavors; chocolate, vanilla, red velvet-"

"Seriously, Jay what ideas are you putting in my little wolf's mind?"

"N-no ideas, j-just suggestions." Ebony told me, while she was sitting on the kitchen counter, eating her gummy worms.

"I hate to tell you but he is trying to get to get you to choose his favorites." I chuckled.

"O-oh."

"Nolan why must you get in the way of my plans!"

"Why do you always try to get away with your plans."

"Because I can."

"N-no you can-can't." Ebony stuck her tongue out at him.

"And why not?"

"B-because N-nolan say-says so!"
"Because Nolan says so?"

"Yep."

"Well I guess I will stop because Nolan says so." If I would have thought that Jay would be wrapped around Ebony's finger, I would have probably smacked my future-self, seriously I hope he meets his own mate soon.

"W-why th-thank you." She smiled. "N-nolan can you h-help me down?"

"Of course, little wolf." I grabbed her waist and helped her down. "How did you even get up there?"

"U-used a c-chair." Ebony began. "B-but Jay took it away."

"Seriously Jay?"

"I didn't notice her sitting there."

"Okay." I rolled my eyes. "So Theodora and Keith are going to be here in a little. Do you know when your parents are going to be here?"

"Later tonight."

"Wh-what are we-we doing tonight?" Ebony asked, fidgeting with the hem of her shirt.

"Jay, you didn't tell her?" I could feel my blood pressure rising. I explicitly told Jay to tell Ebony that tonight was New Year's Eve.

"Slipped my mind, I didn't realise she was on the counter and I was looking for her."

"Okay, you're forgiven- this time." I saw Ebony start to relax a little bit more. "Tonight's New Year's Eve, meaning that we are going to have a house full of wolves- mostly people you know. I think the only ones who haven't came to see you yet are dummy's parents."

"O-okay"

"I'll have you know that I graduated with a 3.1 thank you very much." Jay huffed. "I am not a dummy."

"I had a 4.5."

"Maybe I am a bit- How do you get a 4.5?"

"We were in a human school system- I just took a bunch of AP and honor classes." It was typically normal for wolves to go to a human school for high school, just as long as they didn't join any sports.

"Loser."

"Seriously?"

"Just saying."

"No-nolan is not a loser." Ebony held onto my arm. "He is aw-awesome."

"Whatever you say, Miss. Ebony."

"What is it that Ebony says?" Teddy stolled into the room. "That tomorrow is her birthday?"

"No, that Nolan is awesome."

"Well, to her he is."

"Hey, Teddy, what was your GPA when you graduated?"