Chapter 36

Nolan's POV

"Are you ready, little wolf?"

"Yep." She smiled at me before she laid her head on my shoulder. It was about four in the morning, and I was planning on taking her to a small cabin on the edge of our territory and it would take about four hours to get there.

"Tired?"

"Mmhmm."

"Come on." I chuckled as I helped her onto my back, giving her a piggy back ride. As I was placing her in the car, she fell right asleep.

Teddy, Dina and Missy were going to meet us there in about two days to watch over Ebony as I was going to go back to the house. That was the other reason I was taking her to the cabin besides to have her relax, the warriors and I were going to go to the Midnight Summers Pack and finally get that bastard of an Alpha.

Mate's going to be mad at us if we decide to leave without her.

Nox, this is for her protection- I don't want her to get hurt.

So we are going to be placed in the wolf-house? Seriously Nolan?

Nox, the term is doghouse.

No it's not, it is wolf-house because we're a wolf. He told me in a 'duh' tone.

So if I was just a human then would it be a human house?

No, you idiot! It wouldn't because then it would be a dog house.

I don't understand you somedays.

That's the point Nolan I have to keep you on your toes.

We're the same person.

Oh, yeah- but still! I mean the cells could be considered a wolf house.

Seriously Nox?

What? I'm just saying.

"N-nolan?" Ebony yawned, waking up.

"Yes?"

"No-nox was telling Lux something about a-a d-doghouse and I'm just co-confused on what that is."

"It's just a place where humans keep their dogs outside."

"O-oh, Nox wa-was making it seem like a-a place w-where you go w-when you're in trouble."

"Well, that is another meaning of it- but don't worry so much about it little wolf." I reached over to her and kissed the top of her hand.

"Ok-okie dokie, can y-you t-tell N-nox to b-be quiet, I n-need t-to sleep." She mumbled more to herself.

I'll be quiet.

Seriously Nox? When I tell you to be quiet, you keep talking.

You're not my mate, my lovable mate who I just want to hold and squeeze and..

Nox! I get the point!

Just making sure.

Luckily for me the rest of the trip was quiet because someone, Nox, decided to finally shut the hell up. To me it was perfect because I finally could think about life and not worry about if Nox was going to act up again like he normally does. Which will probably be the death of me.

When we arrived at the cabin, the sun was still raising and Ebony was still asleep. And here comes the part I hate when I have to wake her up from sleep. However, it was a necessity evil because that girl could possibly sleep for a million years if I let her.