Chapter 35

Nolan's POV

"Ebony are you okay?" I asked her as she was curled up on our bed. It was about two hours after the rest of the pack went home- Missy was going home with Teddy, just incase my mother shows up.

"N-not really."

"What's bugging you."

"E-everything."

"Don't worry little wolf, it'll be fine."

"P-promise?"

"Promise." I started rubbing up and down her back. "Is there anything that I can do to make you feel better? Anything?"

She slowly turned to face me. "N-nolan?"

"Yes, little wolf?"

"C-can w-we please make c-cupcakes?"

You know, mate really likes to bake.

I know she does.

And it makes her happy.

Nox, you just like having cupcakes.

Yes and I like to see mate happy.

"Come on, let's go."

"T-the ki-kitchen is g-going to be really d-dirty." She told me as we made our way to the kitchen.

"That's a-okay little wolf- that's also why we have Jay." I tried to tell her only to have Jay put his two cents in.

"Is that the only thing I'm good for? Cleaning?"

"N-no you are also r-really nice." Ebony tried telling him.

Faking a whine, Jay told her. "I know you like me so much better than Nolan because sometimes he's really mean to me."

"N-nolan! B-be ni-nice, J-jay o-offered to st-stay here with us!"

Jay 'offered'?

I have no idea what Jay is told mate. I told Nox- sometimes I realize that when it comes to Jay, Ebony can't tell when he is lying

He's a horrible liar.

I know he is, you know he is- everyone except for Ebony knows that Jay is a horrible liar.

We have to teach her that.

Teach her what Nox?

Teach mate how bad of a liar Jay is?

You can't teach her that.

Yes we can.

No we can't!

Why can't we?

Because it's something she has to learn for herself.

Why? If we are to be a good mate then we have to-

Shut up weirdo.

"I know little wolf, but sometimes Jay tends to be butthurt over little things." I leaned over and hugged her before kissing her on the top of her head. "Now what type of cupcakes do you want to make?"

"O-oh yeah, w-we came down to make cupcakes!" She giggled. "W-what ty-type do you want?"

"I would like red velvet." Cue Jay's unwanted answer.

"Peanut Gallery will you shut up!"

"Ebony make Nolan be nice to me." Jay whined, sitting down next to Ebony.

"J-jay h-he was being nice."

"Fine."

"S-so Nolan w-what type of cupcakes do you want?"

"I think we should have chocolate."

"Boring." Jay rolled his eyes.

"I th-think it w-would be fun t-to make chocolate." Ebony told him. "A-and T-teddy had us make a-a lot of r-random f-flavors f-for the c-cookies."

"Yes, that's true." Jay began once again. "But we are not going to eat them all but if you want to be boring then go ahead and I am going to bed."

"N-night." She waved him off while I went over to the cabinet to get the cupcake mix out.

I think over in the past three or four months, Ebony has wanted to make some sort of dessert at least three times a week- most of the times it's when I am not at home. But every once in a blue moon she wants to make them at a time when we should be sleeping and when that happens, I know she falls asleep after we place the cupcakes in the oven.

I was watching Ebony as she was walking around the kitchen getting the ingredients for the cupcakes when she fell to the ground I started to freak out because what if Missy had poisoned her and fooled us all when I had my guard down and I missed it because I was being this big macho man.. As I looked down at where my little wolf was lying I realised that she was just sleeping when I saw that Ebs was curled up with the measuring cup. Oh, and she was breathing.

Silently thanking the fact that Ebony fell a sleep before she even started the cupcakes, I picked her up and brought her to our room. Placing her on the bed, I started to worry about what is going to happen because of what this group of women did. And now I have to be on guard with my mother incase she wants to take Ebony once again.
I decided to make the cupcakes for Ebony because I figured that is something that she needs right now. I wish that one day she'll be able to forget all this shit that has happened to her and is able to live a normalish life but I know that isn't possible.

I know that she is hurting on the inside and I don't know how I can help- and it aggravates that hell out of me. Just once, I would like for her to sleep through the night without her having a nightmare because she remembers what those bastards did to her. I hate that even if I did kill them, it might bring her some closer but it won't heal the years of scars. I hate that I am helpless in helping my little wolf.

While I was waiting for the cupcakes to finish in the oven, I felt someone place their head on my shoulder. Knowing who it was, I quickly sat them in my lap.

"N-nolan, it-it's bedtime." Ebony yawned.

"I know, but I had to wait for the cupcakes to finish baking."

"O-oh, okay." She continued to rest her head on me; almost to the point where she was curled up into a ball, not that I minded. "Ho-how much longer d-do they have?"

Checking the timer I placed on my phone, I told her. "About ten more minutes, little wolf."

"I-i c-can st-stay up."

"Ebony, it's about three in the morning, you can go to bed don't worry." I kissed the top of her head. 

"O-okay." She curled up into me even more. 

Once she was asleep, I moved her over to the couch- watching her sleep while I waited for those stupid cupcakes. 

I think we need to take mate somewhere to get her mind off of things. 

I know Nox, and I know just where to go. 

*Sorry for such a long wait, I was extremely busy last week but thank you for the 50k+ reads and 2k+ votes! You guys are awesome! I hope that I'll be able to update more often :) The picture on the top is of Jay*