Chapter 17 *REWRITTEN*

Nolan's POV

Blood was slowly dripping off of the snout of my little mate. It was strange, when a wolf is removed from the body, it becomes a physical wolf. Nox wanted nothing more than to help his mate kill the other but it was something that she had to do herself.

Ebony's wolf went straight for the jugular, killing the bitch instantly. How did her wolf have such a natural instinct after being weakened for years? Immediately her frail body collapsed to the floor, as if the pain and trauma had caught up with her. I stood over her body, growling at my grandmother and the others as I saw Ebony shift back into human form.

I quickly did the same before we moved Ebony to the hospital. This would be the last time I am ever going to see her connected to these IV's unless she was having my pops. Seeing her in such a state made me pissed off. Pissed that she had to deal with his, pissed that she had to live with this and pissed that she had to live with all her suicidal thoughts.

"When do you think she is going to be back to normal." I asked Dina, running my hands through her hair.

"How would you describe normal to begin with?"

"I really don't know at this point."

"She'll be fine, Nol."

"I know, but i'm worried about the long term effects."

"Like?"

"What if she's terrified about having a wolf? Or if she's afraid of being with me or-"

"She'll come to you with her problems okay? If not, I know some therapists that will help you" Dina told me before walking out of the room.

"Nolan?" Ebony mumbled, waking up before grabbing my hand as if to make sure I was really there.

"Yes?"

"Is...is she...she gone?"

"Yes."

"I-i killed her?"

Sitting down on the bed next to her, I answered. "Yes sweetheart."

"I killed someone." She started rocking back and forth. "I'm a monster."

"No, no, no. You're not a monster."

"But-"

"No buts, you did what you needed to do to survive."

"Oh...okay." She hiccuped as I held her close. "How...how...how long...long...do...do I ...I have to...to stay here."

"Maybe a day or two."

"That's..that's boring."

"Maybe I can get Dina to move you back to our house and she can monitor there." I know that I can get her to do it- all I have to do is watch her wounds for the next few days for infections.

"Real...really?"

"Of course."

"We...we don't...don't have to."

"You sure little wolf?"

"Yes." Ebony leaned more on me. "I..I don't...don't want to...to come...come back...back here."

"I can watch over you."

"I know...I know but...but it's...because...I know...I know...I'll get sick." She chuckled. "I...I can't... can't swallow...swallow pills."

"Okay."

"This...this..is better." She pointed to the IV.

"Whatever you say." I kissed the top of her head. "How are you feeling."