Chapter 37

Nolan's POV

"Are you ready?" I asked Ebony once she came out of the bathroom- a towel wrapped tightly around her, making me wonder what type of bathing suit Teddy got her.

"Y-yep." She giggled before asking. "Lux w-wants to k-know if t-they are going swimming a-as we-well?"

"Of course." I told her as I opened up the front door to the cabin.

I loved coming to the cabin every so often to get away, it was the first time since I found Ebony that I've been back.It was on the edge of my territory and the human's- meaning that that the guards only come here every so often- so my little mate and I were going to be alone.

"N-nolan?" Ebony asked right before she walked out of the cabin.

"Yes?"

"No on-one else is he-here, right?"

"Yep."

"Pro-promise?"

"Of course, as far as I know there is no one else here."

"Okie dokie." She paused before she playfully started to push me out of the door. "L-let's go to l-lake."

I led Ebony to the smaller lake on the territory; unlike the one that is near our house, this one is smaller and was deeper.

"Little wolf, are you okay?" I asked Ebony as she stood rigid on the edge of the lake.

"I-i d-don't t-think I-i can swim."

Seriously Nolan? How can you forget that?"

Walking over to her and rubbing her shoulders, I told her: "Don't worry, I'll always protect you. And besides I'll help you with swimming."

"O-okay." She hugged me.

Taking Ebony's hand, I slowly brought her over to lake walking slowly into the water. The deep point of the bottom of the lake near our house is maybe three feet- which would explain why Ebony would be able to stand up in her wolf form above the water- however the one near the cabin is about five feet deep. I could stand up and be fine but my little wolf's head would be under water.

The bathing suit that Teddy picked out for Ebony wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, with the way that she was holding the suit around her, I thought that it was a bikini or something like that. Nope, Ebony was just cold, I really should have figured that out, and she was wearing a tankini- whatever that is. I thought it was a one piece or something.

"I-i really hate be-being short." Ebony complained as she was kicking her legs while I was standing upright still.

Chuckling, I told her. "You're not short, you are fun sized."

"No-nobody likes f-fun sized things." She pouted.

"I think you mean candy, nobody likes funsized candy."

"W-well it w-was J-jay t-that sa-said it."

"See, and he's always complaining."

"True." She giggled before splashing me.

"Oh, is this how we're going to play?" I laughed back at her, before splashing her again.

After about an hour so of playing around in the lake, I decided that we should go back to the house to eat- after reassuring her that we will go back one we are done. Once again, Ebony isn't eating and I don't know if it's because she's starting to have nightmares once again or what.

"Ebs, what do you want to eat?" I asked Ebony; she was sitting in the floor with a towel wrapped around her because she didn't want to get the couch wet. '"Wh-whatever you w-want to."

Make one remark Nox and I swear.

Chill.

"Have I made you my famous grilled cheese yet?"

"N-no? You have a f-famouse g-grilled cheese?" She asked me in reply, almost in awe of the fact I said that it was famous. I swear, she is so adorable- so frickin adorable.

"Yep."

"C-can you please m-make me o-one?"

"Of course."

"T-thank you."

My 'famous' grilled cheese, is only famous because it was the only thing I used to make over the course of about seven years- before I found Ebony again. All it is, is basically two pieces of wheat bread, mayo, some sort of cheese- usually American or cheddar, and some sort of lunch meat. Normally I would have a variation of tomato soup but I forgot to bring some.

"No-nolan, I c-can see why y-your grilled c-cheese is famous." She giggled as we were walking back to the lake. "It was r-really go-good."

"Thank you."I kissed the top of her head.

"Y-you're welcome." Ebony started to drag me to the lake again.

We had about another two or so hours that we played around in the lake- some in wolf time and without. I was having a lot of fun watching Ebony and Lux mess around. However, being the idiot that I am, I forgot to check the weather- I wasn't aware that it we were supposed to have a thunderstorm. Bringing an end to our day.

"I-i'm g-glad w-we are i-in ba-bathing s-suits because of t-the rain." Ebony told me, as we walked up to the cabin once again. "And o-our c-clothes wo-won't be wet."

"I'm also glad." I told her before pulling her into me. Looking at her, I decided to give her a kiss out in the rain.

Don't girls think that's romantic? Nox's voice entered my space again.

Why do you think I did it.

But mate isn't like most girls.

I know this.

"No-nolan, your l-ips a-are cold." Ebony giggled before kissing my lips again. "H-hopefully t-that helps w-warm you up."

"Hopefully."

Told you mate was one of a kind. Nox told me as Ebony was getting changed. I had pulled out several different sweatshirts for her to get warm. I may have also turned up the heat.

I never said that she wasn't.

I know, I'm just making sure that you knew my stance.

"I-i love h-how f-fluffy y-your clothing is." My little wolf snuck up behind me and gave me a hug. I could feel that her skin was still cold, hopefully we can heat her up a little more.

"And I love you." I kissed her again.

"Well, at least y-your li-lips a-aren't cold."

"Yeah, but yours are." I told her again,

"B-but I-i'm always c-cold."

And with that I continued to kiss her.

Ebony's POV

Lux, are you sure Nolan won't be mad?

No, mate loves us and will be happy.

Promise?

Promise.

"Nolan." I started to poke his cheek once again. We were watching some sort of cartoon that Nolan liked more than Futurama- it involved some sort of alien or something like that.

"Yeah little wolf?"

"Ca-can w-we com-complete the m-mating r-ritual now?"

Looking at me, he asked. "Ar-are you sure?"

"Yes." 

*Two updates in two days! Hopefully this chapter doesn't seem too rushed. So Nolan and Ebony complete the mating ritual- I'm sorry but I'm not going to write that scene but the mating will be mentioned in the chapter. Anyways the picture is of the lake :)*