Chapter 38

Nolan's POV

Waking up the next morning, I smiled to myself as I was looking at my mate- remembering what we did last night. While she was still asleep, I pulled Ebony into the spooning position, kissing her shoulder. I continued to watch her sleep for a little bit longer.

I still can't believe that I'm lying here, fully mated with my little wolf when nearly a year ago, I thought she was dead. Even when I did find her, I never thought that I would be in the position because of the abuse she was put through. This is seriously something I thought would only happen in my wildest dreams.

Soon, Ebony turned around, waking up and snuggled more into me and I was happy to oblige. "M-morning."

"Morning, how are you feeling?"

"Mmm, go-good." She yawned. "N-nolan? What does it mean to b-be fully mated?"

"It means that we are completely bonded to each other, you are officially Luna of our pack." I paused, kissing her head. "And it means, at least in the werewolf world- you have my last name now, Ebony Greyson."

"I li-like the sound o-of t-that."

"So do I."

"Can we go b-back to s-sleep now?"

"You sure you want to go back sleep? Or do you want to go to go get something to eat?"

Thinking for a second, Ebony said. "I-i need a s-shower."

"Okay, let's go."

After taking a shower, Ebony and I were just laying around watching some stupid shows. She was giggling and watching it while I was watching her, running my hands through her hair. The combination between mating and the stress over these past few weeks made Ebony fall asleep.

"Nolan, is Ebony okay?" I heard my grandmother slam the door to the cabin. I swear if she wakes up Ebony, someone's blood is going to be on the floor.

"Yes?" I questioned. "What are you doing here?"

"I was just making sure that she was okay."

I paused, looking down at my mate and back up at my grandmother. "And why wouldn't she be okay?"

"I saw Missy over at Teddy and Keith's house and I was just concerned over what do you want us to do about her?"

"Missy is there under my protection at the current moment." I looked down at Ebony, who was luckily still asleep. "Now, if you have any questions please talk to Teddy because I am honestly trying give my mate a week where she isn't stressed."

"Teddy won't know the answer to this one question."

Gritting my teeth, I asked her. "What?"

"Did you two complete the mating?"

"Yes." I rolled my eyes at her. "Don't tell the others."

"Like I would." She rolled her eyes before leaving.

Once she left, I changed that stupid television show on that cooking channel Ebony loves to watch,simply because that sabotage show, Cutthroat Kitchen was on. Well, that and because another stupid show was coming on after American Dad.

"You're like a warm teddy bear." I heard Ebony mumble in her sleep. Finally something that doesn't seem to be a nightmare...yet. She soon started to grip me tighter, hugging the life out of my legs"Such a warm teddy bear. My teddy bear."

I love it when mate talks about us.

Nox, for all we know- she could be talking about an actual teddy bear. I tried messing with him.

None of her teddy bears heat up so she's talking about us.

Nope, I think Jay got her one that heats up.

So we decapitate Jay- simple.

And I'm the one that needs anger issues?

Its about Mate!

Whatever.

"No-nolan?"

"Yes little wolf?"

"I-i think this is t-the first time w-we went to sleep without y-you c-crushing m-my spleen."

"Ebs, I think the only time I am sleeping on your spleen is when we fall asleep on the couch together." I chuckled, before placing her on my lap.

Soon she was looking at my neck, poking the newly healed wounds. "I-i can't b-believe I b-bit you."

"It was part of the mating ritual."

"D-did it hurt?" She asked me with her eyes wide.

After kissing her lips, I told her. "Nope."

"Do-does that m-mean you'll have a m-mark?"

"Yep." I love it when she asks me questions and is interested in wanting to know what is happening. "And that means we're bonded for life."

"T-that's good." She snugged against me. "C-can we j-just stay like t-this t-today?"

"We can do whatever you want to."

"Okay."

After about two hours, I could see Ebony start to get restless. I wonder what's going on in her mind. "Ebs, what's the matter?"

"I-i'm j-just worried."

"About?"

"W-what's going to h-happen?"

"What do you mean, little wolf?"

"W-what's going to hap-happen when w-we g-go back home."

"I'm not too sure, I know we are going to going after Consitinia." I half told the truth. I know that for sure we are going to get Consitinia before we go to get the Midnight Summer's- simply because of Ebony's meltdown yesterday.

"A-am I-i c-coming wi-with you?" Ebony looked up at me.

"Of course." I rubbed her back.

"G-good."

What I didn't tell her was that she is now going to have about ten guards with her again. I was prepared to move Ebony here at a moment's notice until that witch and alpha are caught. I also wasn't going to rest until I find out what the hell those women were thinking. And who knew where Ebony was.

"N-nolan, how m-much time do w-we left here?"

"We still have about five days here."

"Oh."

"Are you getting bored?"

"N-no, it's ju-just strange not t-to have anyone b-barging in on-on us."

"Strange in a good way?" I asked her.

"Mmhmm." Ebony mumbled. "Can w-we st-stay here forever?"

I had to keep myself from laughing at her. "I would love to stay here forever with you but yet I think they would find us."

"I thi-think you w-would be r-right."

"But I'll always have fun whenever you're around." I kissed the side of her head.

*Again sorry for another fluff chapter, hopefully there's going to be more action soon. :) I want to thank you guys again for all the reads, votes and comments!*