Chapter 27

Nolan's POV

"N-nolan?" Ebony asked as she curled up, nearly asleep. I've missed this, coming home and being able to have my little wolf fall asleep in my arms.

"Yeah?"

"Wh-when are we going to st-start training again?"

"Later this week." We had about a month or so before I start the attack on the Midnight Summers. "Don't worry, I will not have you go in battle without proper training." I told her, or tried to tell her before she fell asleep.

I want to get Ebony's mind off of the attack, so I am going to take her out to the human village again.I had it all planned out for tomorrow. It seemed as if we got back from the Midnight Summer's she had been in a slump, it was almost like when I had first found her. Kissing her head, I soon fell asleep next to my little wolf.

When I woke up a couple hours later, I saw that Ebony wasn't in the bed again- did she even go to sleep? Walking down the stairs, I saw her sleeping on the floor again.

"Little wolf, wake up." I tried to shake her awake, but ended up carrying her over the couch.

Curling up in my chest, Ebony asked."N-nolan?"

"Yes?"

"I-i've b-been t-thinking?"

Now, I was worried. "About what?"

"I-if y-you h-have s-sex d-don't y-you g-get preg-pregnant?" She didn't wait for my answer before asking. "W-why d-didn't I-i g-get pr-pregnant?"

"Well, it's complicated, kinda." I paused. "First off you can only get pregnant by me, after you go through heat."

"W-when do-does that happen?"

"After we complete the mating bond."

"O-oh, o-okay. W-what's he-heat?"

"It's when a she-wolf is able to have a pup."

"H-how o-often d-does it h-happen?"

"It happens about a month or so after the mating process is completed and after the first heat it happens about once every three years." I kissed the top of her head. "I thought my grandmother went over this?"

"A-all s-she sa-said w-wa-was don't ha-have sex 'cause y-you'll die."

"No, that will not happen."

"O-okay."

"Is that what has been bothering you little wolf?"

"Mmhmm." She nodded as I was pulling the blanket over us. "C-can w-we w-watch Cutthroat Kitchen?"

Seeing that it was only two in the morning, I figured it might put her back to sleep. "Of course." I was right, it only took her about twenty minutes before falling asleep and I wasn't that far behind her.

"N-nolan?" I felt Ebony poke my cheek, waking me up.

"Yeah, little wolf?"

"C-can y-you p-please g-get o-of off me?" She paused. "I-i c-can't f-feel my s-spleen."

Getting off her, I asked"Sorry, how did you sleep?"

"B-better i-if s-someone w-wasn't s-sleeping o-on my spleen."

"Come on, we have things to do today."

"W-what a-are we d-doing?"

"A couple things."

"Li-like what?"

"Training?"

"A-and?"

"Going on another date."