Chapter 7 *REWRITTEN*

Nolan's POV

After I gave Ebony another pair of my sweatpants, I grabbed my keys before I led Ebony out the door- only to have her stop as soon as I opened the door.
"I-it..i-it's r-really...r-really b-bright." She mumbled. Shit, why didn't I think about that?

"Is this your first time outside, in the sun in eleven years?" Ebony nodded before I closed the door once again. I told her. "Stay here." Running over to the kitchen counter, I found my sunglasses- I hope this works. "Here, try these on." My sunglasses were a bit big on her but they did the trick with covering her eyes. "Better?"

"B-better."

"Good, come on little wolf." I led her to my Camero. My little mate just stood outside of it, staring at my car strangely. I opened the door for Ebony before helping her sit down; when I got in on the other side, she still had a confused look on her face. Reaching over, I helped her buckle up before I started the car. "Ready?" Ebony nodded. "Alright Little Wolf, you are going to need to speak while I'm driving because I don't want to crash okay?"

"O-okay."

Before I even started driving, I pulled out a bag of gummy worms that I got for her earlier before opening them for Ebony.

Staring at the bag, she whispered. "T-thank you."

"Go ahead, you can eat them." I tried not to laugh as I started to drive.

Ebony took a bite of one before asking me, "D-do y-you...d-do y-you w-want o-one?"

"No thank you, I've never really liked gummy worms."

"O-okay."

The trip to the human village was pretty quiet, since Ebony fell asleep about ten minutes after we left. I didn't mind, she needed her sleep- especially after what happened today. Now that I'm thinking about it, how often was Ebony allowed to sleep? It always seems that she jerks herself awake when she actually falls asleep. Ebony did however look adorable curled up in the seat, her head on the window.

How can mate even fit on the seat?

Because she's short Nox?

Mate's not short, she is the perfect size.

I know!

Is mate uncomfortable, you know sitting there with her head on the window?

I don't think she is.

Okay...if you say so.

When I arrived at the Thai place, I honestly didn't want to wake Ebony up but there was no way I was going to leave her in the car alone- where she could get kidnapped or even murdered! Shaking her shoulder lightly, I woke her up. Her eyes grew wide as her heart rate increased. "Hey, calm down little wolf." I gently told her. "Nobody is going to get you here."

"S-sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for." I helped Ebony out of the car. She froze, gripping onto my arm. "What's the matter little wolf?"

"A-are w-we...a-are w-we s-still...s-still o-on y-your l-land?"

"No, we are on human territory but don't worry, nobody is going to get you, I promise."

"B-because y-you're N-nolan G-grayson?"

"Sure we'll go with that." I laughed as we walked up to the restaurant. Before we walked in I saw Ebony trying to close her nose. "Strong smell?"

"Y-yes. I-is i-it...i-is i-it b-bothering y-you?"

I was pleasantly surprised she was talking as much as she is. Does she still think that she is going to be punished for talking with silver? I am going to kill Connors or Phillips or whatever he is called- he was the one that said that it was 'believed they poured silver down her throat', the fucker was probably the one that did it to her. Let's pour silver somewhere else on him.