Chapter 2 *REWRITTEN*

Nolan's POV

It's been a week since I've found Ebony in that cell, the smell of the Midnight Summers still lingered on her. Two days after finding her I moved her into my house, with the doctor's approval, so she hopefully will be relaxed when she wakes. Me however? I've been losing my damn mind, sleeping very rarely- maybe ten minutes here and there. I was finally asleep when she barged into my house in the morning.

"Nolan, wake up!" Teddy threw a glass of water on me. She is extremely lucky that she was my cousin, and technically my beta, if she wasn't I probably would have killed her.

Grabbing her wrists in a death grip, I simply asked. "What the fuck do you want Theodora?"

"Tell Nox to shut the hell up."

"He cut off all communication with me."

"That's because he's been talking to Kevin's wolf about who knows what...no, I do know what they've been talking about since Kala can hear them."

"Alright, I'll try to get him to stop, can I go-" I paused, hearing a faint whine.

Teddy stared at me, trying to figure it out. "Nol, you-"

"Shush!" I listened to the noise. The machine hooked up to her chest started to go off- as if I needed a machine, I could hear her heart all the way in my office. "Go get Dr. Conner." I told Teddy before walking to the guest room that Ebony was sleeping in.

Her bright blue eyes bore into mine, in a faint whisper, almost too low for a human to hear, she asked. "A-are you...a-are you go-going to...go-going to ki-kill... ki-kill m-me?" Was the first thing she asked me. Soon Ebony's eyes turned wide before she started to scratch at her own throat, as if she was punishing herself for talking.

I went to stop her, "Hey, you're okay." I whispered, holding her wrists in one hand, feeling every bone, while I tried to stop the bleeding. Wasn't long before Dr. Conner finally showed up, giving her a sedative before fixing her neck while telling me to take care of the blood.

Once he was finished, I motioned for him to come out of the room before he can start on taking her vitals. "Why was she doing this?" I was worried, what if she tries to claw her throat out every time she speaks?"

"From what it looks like, with scarring in the throat, I want to say that she was force fed silver everytime she talked."

"Motherfu- go take her vitals." I grumbled. I was following the doctor into the room when I heard Jay walk through the door. This is just great- first his sister woke me up and now he's here. Both of them were more like my siblings- that I never wanted- not my second cousins.

"Nolan!" He followed me into my office- I was looking for a notebook for Ebony.

"What do you want Jay?"

"I heard your mate was awake, I wanna see her!"

"No."

"Why?" He whined. "I thought I was going to be her guard."

"Go home."

"Because I said so."

"I'll just go to your kitchen then."

I wasn't going to win this fight, so I told him. "Fine! But stay off the second floor!"

Walking back into Ebony's room, I saw Dr. Connor standing in front of her holding a vial to get some of her blood. I wasn't paying him any attention, however I was focused on my little wolf, shaking and nearly falling off the bed. I went around to the side of the bed to where she was sitting, kneeling down next to her- I mindlinked Dr. Connor to leave.