Chapter 21

Nolan's POV

"So we-we're getting a tree to cut it do-down, de-decorate it and feed it w-water?" Ebony cocked her eyebrow as we walked around the Christmas tree lot. "Why?"

"Because it's a tradition."

"Ooh, th-they all look p-pretty." She mumbled. "How do we pick j-just one?"

Laughing a little, I told her. "Don't worry you'll find the perfect one."

"W-what about for th-the pack house?"

The packhouse was more like a clubhouse- we meet there for pack meetings and announcements- which I will be having another pack meeting soon. Most of the time it had a lot of teenagers there hanging out- no one lives there. "Grandma is going to picking it out."

"Oh, okay."

It took us about two hours for us to pick out a tree. I think Ebony was more upset about me telling her we had to wait a day before we could decorate it.

"W-why do we have to let it breathe? It's-it's dead!" She pouted, crossing her arms.

"We have to let it breathe so we can see how big it was."

"B-but's it's dead!"

"I know." I kissed the top of her head. "Here let's compromise- after dinner we can decorate it."

"Okay." She kissed my cheek. "N-nolan?"

"Yes?"

"W-where you s-serious w-when you said I did-didn't have to sleep o-outside i-in the snow?"

"Yes? why?"

"It's snowing."

Looking out the window, I could see the snow gently falling. "Hey Ebony?"

"Y-yes?"

"Do you want to go for a run?"

"Wo-won't we f-freeze?" She cocked her head to the side, thinking that I was crazy.

"We would be our wolf forms."

"O-oh."

"Come on, it'll be fun, I promise." I told her.

It was hilarious to watch Ebony's wolf prance around outside. If there is one thing our wolves love about winter it is a snow storm.

Nolan, this was your idea why aren't you playing with me? Ebony mindlinked me before she jumped into a snowbank. If she wants me to play, I'll play. Stalking up to the snow bank that Ebony just jumped in but as I was about to jump into it but she got me first, knocking me down onto my back. I got you!

That's was a really good jump. I told her before licking her nose. I was extremely proud of her, I wonder what she would be like in actual combat .

I like playing in the snow, just not staying in it. Ebony was rolling around in the snow. It's so soft and fluffy. ,

Most wolves like the snow. . I told her as she got off of me.

Why?

It's just in our nature.

That makes so much sense.

It's times like these when I wonder if she's being sarcastic before I realise that she's not. Well it's the- Ebony did you seriously just jump in the lake.

What's so bad about that?

Nothing, you're just going to be cold later. I wasn't mad a her, but I was worried that she was going to get sick again after we just got her better.