Chapter 5 *REWRITTEN*

Nolan's POV

Waking up the next morning, I noticed my little wolf was still sleeping, curled upon me. I was happy that she was still asleep but I did have to get up to take a shower before the training session. Praying that Ebony wouldn't wake, I slowly sat up before carrying her back over to the bed so she could still sleep.

Mate looks peaceful. Nox commented as I covered her up in the blankets before I went to go shower.

That she does.

She slept on us last night.

I know Nox. I was there.

Does that mean that she trusts us?

I don't know, she could just be doing this so she doesn't piss us off.

That is also true. Does she not feel the mate bond?

I'm not sure. I growled at him, getting out of the shower.

Dude, it's only seven, we could have waited like three more hours before we even had to shower.

He's right, the pack training doesn't even start until noon- I should probably get to work on 'alpha' paperwork or fix the wall- I'll fix the wall when I get home. But shouldn't I be here with my mate, making sure that she is okay and safe? But duty calls. I kissed the top of her head, before I went into my office. If someone was to walk into my office, they would see a bunch of photos of me and Ebony as children. From the day she was born to a couple of weeks before the attack- they were all there.

Since I have alpha blood in me, I could tell that Ebony was my mate the day she was born, even as an eight year old. Even as an eight year old, I was extremely protective of her; Ebony was born premature and that led to me giving her the nickname, Little Wolf.

When she was born, the Crescent Bloods were just starting out and they stayed in our guest house since their territory on the eastern border of ours, so I've always had my little wolf around me. I was her knight in shining armor against Jay- who loved to tease and pick on her relentlessly. I wouldn't go as far to say that Jay hated her but all the evidence points to it

After her old pack was attacked, I feared the worst- that she was dead but Nox told me that she was alive. Hell, it was only two weeks before she turned seven and she was supposed to be having a party on my grounds and she went missing. At the age of fourteen, I couldn't do anything, but once I was twenty-one and took over the pack, I went to the other packs to look for her starting with my allies. I didn't even have a problem with packs that weren't my allies- that might have been because of my reputation.

Mate's up. Go to Mate! Nox whined after working for about three hours.

When I walked into our bedroom, I could see her sitting up on the bed looking lost. I had to chuckle at how innocent she looked at the moment. Her eyes were wide while her hair was sticking up in multiple places. She looked to be worried about me not being close to her or if someone was going to hurt her.

"Good morning, little wolf." She smiled as I walked over to her; I tried brushing her hair down, hoping to tame it but my efforts were in vain. "Did you sleep well?" Ebony nodded, making me smile. "Good, come on little wolf, let's get you something to eat."

When we got downstairs, I sat her down on a stool once again before making her a bagel; seeing how overboard I went yesterday, I figured a bagel would be perfect.

"So do you want to ask me anything?" She nodded before writing in the notebook.

"How old are u?"