Chapter 30

Nolan's POV

"No-nolan?" Ebony asked me before bed, we were going to meet up with Missy again in about a week, "W-what if Mi-missy is planning on t-taking m-me with her?"

"I told you that I will never let that happen."

"I kn-know I-i can't stop thinking about it."

"I know sweetheart." I rubbed up and down her back.

"W-we should ma-make cookies."

"Little wolf it's one in the morning."

"I kn-know but st-still."

"You really want cookies don't you." I tried not to chuckle.

"Y-yes and we sh-should have them." She crawled over to me and sat on my lap, pouting. I know I'm going to give into her but first "T-they w-would make me feel better."

Nolan, give mate cookies, mate is sad.

I will.

Good, or else I would have taken over because mate cannot be sad.

I know.

"Why would they make you feel better?"

"B-because they are war-warm."

"I'm warm."

"But I c-can't e-eat you!" She whined, as if the thought of her eating me was killing her. I mean, it probably was.

But I can eat mate. I can't wait to eat mate.

Shut up Nox

Nope.

"Alright, fair enough." I gave into her puppy dog eyes. "What type of cookies do you want to make?"

"T-the k-kind y-you eat?" Ebony paused. "I-it's y-your b-birthday, y-you decide old man."

"I told you before that I am not an old man." I began before she pinched me lightly. "What was that for?"

"J-jay t-told me t-that an-anyone n-not wearing green on M-march s-seventeenth- you c-can pinch them." She weakly smiled. "E-even if it's t-their birthday."

"Yeah, but we should be sleeping so it doesn't count right now." I tried to convince her- why the hell did Jay tell her about St. Patrick's day? Why? "And you can only to people you know."

"O-okay. What k-kind of c-cookies d-do you want?" Ebony quickly changed the subjects.

"Let's go downstairs and see what ingredients we-"

"A-a lot. T-teddy stocked t-them up yesterday while you were out on a-a run."

"Why?" I asked her, even though I knew the answer.

"B-because I a-asked her to." My little wolf smiled.

It's amazing how everyone is wrapped around mate's finger. Nox paused. Did you threaten them?

No! I haven't threatened any pack members in two weeks.

I feel like we need to get something that says "X days without Nolan being mean,"

It's not being mean, Nox.

True, I'm still surprised you didn't thought someone in the wall at the last pack meeting. This time, Nox wasn't talking about Jay but rather another one of the pack members who 'wondered why we are wasting all this time talking to someone who will probably attack us over the bitch' talking about Ebony. Luckily Ebony was once again with the pups and she didn't see yelling but she probably heard me and my 'intelligent' word choices- which would have gotten me quite a few flicks on the nose from my little wolf.

Hey, what can I say? My little wolf is changing me.

Somewhat but you still have anger issues.

Hey, I didn't throw him in the wall!

You gave him third level duty.

Exactly, and if I wasn't nice, I would have put him in the wall.

"Really? And do you know what she bought?"

"N-no."

"Alright, so we have to go downstairs to decide what type of cookies that we should bake."

"I-if you say so."

"Don't worry it's not that big of a deal." I picked her up in a bridal hold before taking her down to the kitchen.

"A-are you sure y-you're not a t-teddy b-bear?" Ebony asked me. "You're s-so c-cuddly a-and warm."

"I'm only cuddly with you."

"R-really? I thought y-you w-would cuddle w-with J-jay?"

"You're so funny Ebs, so very funny." I laughed, before placing her on the counter before looking in the cabinets. "Do you want to make chocolate chip or double chocolate?"
"D-double c-chocolate?"

"Chocolate chip cookies with cocoa powder in the batter."

"Oo-ooh let's m-make them." She nearly squealed.

"Does my little wolf like chocolate?"

"Y-yes! B-but only in c-cookies or on it-it's own."

"You are so adorable." I told her as I started to get the ingredients down for her. I can't believe that I am making cookies with my little mate at two in the morning.

I think by the end of baking the cookies, Ebony had more of the flour on her than we did in the cookies. Her normally dark hair looked as if it was streaked with white highlights and her shirt looked as if it was polka dotted with blue spots.

"So-sorry we m-made such a mess." Ebony mumbled, slumping over onto my shoulder as we waited for the cookies to cool down. "A-and now I-i'm tired."

"Mmm, too tired for the cookies?"

"Mmhmm."

"Alright, let's go to bed."

Soon, her eyes grew wide when she asked. "W-what about the m-mess?"

"We can clean it in the morning."

"B-but it's y-your birthday."

"Okay, so we'll have Jay clean it in the morning." I offered, not really caring about my kitchen.

"Ok-okie dokie." She yawned. "Happy birthday, my teddy bear."

"Thank you little wolf."

Ebony's POV

"So No-nolan do-do you want t-to e-eat the cookies now?" I all but begged him. It was after dinner and instead of him having a cake or a birthday party he wanted it to just be us with the cookies we made this . I wanted my birthday to be us two but I had a birthday party.

That's because mate wanted you to have a good birthday. Lux told me.

I know but I don't see why he can't have a party as well.

Because mate likes spending time with us.

True, and I like spending time with him as well.

"Yes, we can." He smiled before pulling me onto his lap. "After this episode of Life of Birds."

"Wh-why are t-they killing the b-babies?" One of the birds started to kill them by drowning them.

"Because they are the we- I mean I think it's because there isn't enough food for them."

"O-okay but I st-still don't like it." I mumbled into his chest.

"That's okay, little wolf."   

*Finally an update after like three weeks! Thank you all for bearing with me. Anyways I know this chapter is short and has little to do with the plot (minus Nolan's birthday), but I hope to update on a more regular basis. The picture on the top is of Ebony.*