Chapter 34

Nolan's POV

"What do you mean, they found you?" I asked Missy as I let her in the house.

"S-she me-means t-the people who took me." Ebony hugged my back.

"Do you two still have a mindlink?"

"It's weak but yes." Missy told me. "Remember what I told you when we first met?"

"Something about trophy mate? I don't recall that much- sorry." I sat down at the table with my little wolf in my lap.

"I told you that there are things that you have no idea about."

"Oh yeah."

"Now, what do you remember about the night that you heard the Crimson Bloods were attacked?"

"Worrying about Ebony." I told Missy honestly.

Groaning she asked "Besides that."

"Nolan are you okay!" Keith ran into the room, with about ten of the warriors. And Teddy. "We found an intruder on the territory and she's right here."

"Yes, I know this."

"Nolan, what is going on?" Teddy asked while the warriors were still on their guard.

"Well, apparently Ebony's kidnappers have found out that Missy is giving us information."

"I thought she was the kidnapper?" Jay sat down, eating a cookie.

"That's what everyone thought." I tried to explain.

"S-she h-had n-no i-idea I-i was al-alive!" Ebony shouted, making everyone in the room shut up. This was the first time that I've ever heard her shout and I think this is the first time that anyone heard her shout. This is scary, really scary seeing my normally quiet and reserved mate screaming. "S-she th-thought that I-i wa-was dead!"

"Ebony, calm down." I whispered, rubbing her back up and down. "It's okay breathe little wolf."

But they're being really mean to her.

They're just being cautious.

Why?

Just because she came onto the land without us knowing.

Okay.

"Now, can we please have a civil conversation." I rubbed my temples, it's going to be a very, very long night. "Let's go into the living room, where we would have more room." Once everyone was settled in my living room, I began speaking once again. "Now, Missy what were you saying about they found you- first off who are they?"

"They were about fifteen or so women." Missy began. "Now there are ten of them."

"Who?" Teddy began.

"Twenty women from the Midnight Summer, Crimson Blood and Blood Rose pack." She continued. "Originally they wanted the Crimson Bloods and Blood Rose packs to join together by having an arranged mating- but that idea was ruined when Ebony was born and Nolan was her mate. Then they decided to have an arranged mating between Thomas and I- despite him being nearly fifteen years older than me."

"Okay, so that explains the trophy mate comment but why was the Crimson Bloods attacked?"

"About two months after the mating between Thomas and I, I found out the dark side of him- going as far as slapping me when I disagreed with something or challenged him. So I went back home- now my mother was apart of the group and wouldn't let me go back into her house, but Emilia let me." She paused, while I held Ebony closer to me. "Now, it didn't take long for Thomas to figure out I was gone- once he found me he told me that he wouldn't harm my family but once we got back he told me he had them slaughtered."

"Why wasn't Ebony harmed?" Teddy asked. "I mean why wasn't she harmed in the attack?"

"It was that group of women who for some reason said that she wasn't harmed."

"I am so confused." Jay started to whine.

"Look, I still don't have any idea why she was spared other than this hunch it's because of Nolan."

"D-do you know wh-who's wolf w-was E-eva's?" Ebony asked, squeezing my hand.

"No, I don't, I'm sorry."

I asked her "So when did you find out that Ebony was alive?"

"The day before you and Ebony came over to the pack house. Thomas told me what to say and how to stay it and told me if I diverged from what he told me, then he would lock me into the cells." Well, that explains why she was being weird that one day. "The next day I decided to call Nolan in hopes to try to explain to him what was going on."

"Were we followed by these women when we went to the restaurant?" I asked her.

"Of course we were, other than by your men."

"And that's why you left so suddenly, they were following you."

"Yep."

"So what you are saying is there is a group of women who are trying to combine the packs but because Ebony was born they had to go to plan two? Why would they be doing this" Jay started to scratch the back of his neck. "Are they like a cult?

"I honestly have no idea why they would do this- I mean they would still have had the plan because of Nolan and Ebony being mates. But I guess they could be considered to be a cult."

"Well, who all is in this group?" Teddy asked. "Or was in the group."

"My mother, her sister, and three other people from the Crimson Bloods." Missy paused. "Four women from Midnight Summers and Thomas's mother."

"Why would Thomas's mother-?" I began.

"Because of Kelli Cole, who is Thomas's youngest sister who is about two years younger than you."

"So that was plan A, having Kelli and Nolan be mates?" Teddy began. "Gross."

"I-i a-agree." Ebony mumbled.

Don't worry little wolf, I love you and only you. I mindlinked her as I kissed the top of her head before asking. "Who else are in the pack, you only mentioned ten of the people and five of them are dead."

"Well, we have Keith's mother, Teddy's mother, your grandmother's sister Nora, and your mother are currently in it but your grandmother was in it." Missy said. "Your mother was the one that had the idea to have Ebony stay alive but have her be tortured, while your grandmother had the idea of keeping her here with you once the attack happened- claiming that the group went too far with murdering the Crimson Bloods but when your grandmother was going to take Ebony home, your mother snapped and knocked your grandmother out and sold Ebony to Thomas for about twenty dollars."

The plus and downside of being a werewolf is that you can tell when someone is lying due to their heartbeat and their scent changes. Missy smelt just like before- she wasn't lying.

"So what are we going to do?" I mumbled to myself. What the hell are we going to do? 

*So we found out how/why Ebony was kidnapped. The picture is of Ebony's mom- Emilia. Now I'm on spring break for the next week but I don't know when I'll be able to update again this week.*