Chapter 43

Nolan's POV

Looking at the ground in front of me, I could see two wolves both lying on the ground one dead the other panting to get their breath. I could see Ebony's light gray fur covered in blood, as my 'mother' let go of the chains that she constrained me with. I sprinted over to where Ebony's body laid before I nuzzled up to her side, licking her.

Nolan, you are making it seem like I'm a pup who needs to be cleaned by their mama. Ebony mindlinked me.

Little wolf, you have a giant gash on your leg, I'm trying to stop the bleeding until Dina gets here.

Fine. I'm tired. She yawned, moving to where she was completely below me, resting.

Go to sleep, you'll be fine.

Okay dokie.

Dina came pretty soon after Ebony fell asleep. I knew why she was exhausted, other than the fact that she fought an alpha wolf that was maybe twice her size and won, she is going through something that I went through the same thing five years ago. I had Keith start to deal with everyone, making sure they were taken care of while I focused on my little wolf.

Now, Ebony was supposed to stay in the hospital at least overnight because of her injuries but she wanted to come home- so Dina was letting her coming home.

"Nolan, why do I feel different all of a sudden?" Ebony asked after I got out of the shower, I felt disgusting even though I didn't do any of the fighting.

Getting into bed, I asked her "What do you mean different?"

"I mean like I'm tired-"

"Well you did just fight an alpha"

"I know but Lux isn't talking to me."

"That's because she's preparing for-"

"What?"

"Ebony do you know what happens when a wolf fights an Alpha and wins?" I asked her as I placed her on my lap. She shook her head- I should have known that. "Well, they become the alpha."

"Nolan, how am I supposed to be an A-alpha?" Ebony started freaking out. "I-i'm bar-barely able to be-be a Luna."

"Little wolf, calm down- you'll be fine." I started rubbing her back, hoping to calm her down.

"Nolan, can't you take over the pack I-"

"The only thing we can do is join the packs together-"

"Yes! Let's do that!"

"But instead of being a Luna you are going to be a co-Alpha."

"I can li-live with that?" My little wolf mumbled, curling up next in my chest. "But why am I sooo tired?"

"Because Lux is getting stronger to be the alpha."

"Does that mean that my fur color is going to change?"

"Yes?"

"Dang it, I liked my fur color."

"I'm sorry." I kissed the top of top of her head. But my apologize was of no use- Ebony fell asleep. I didn't blame her, I just held her close placed the blanket over us and joined her in sleep.

"Nolan, Nooolan- wake up." I felt Ebony poked my cheek.

"Yes?"

"Keith's here."

Rubbing my face I could see Ebony fell back asleep while Keith was standing at the foot of the bed. "Yes Keith?"

"So how is Ebony? The Midnight Summers wanted to know?"