Chapter Five: Dreams

Three Days Later:
---------------------------

"I like you Maya. I really do. And I know that now" Lucas said as he looked into Maya's eyes. Almost as if he was looking into Maya's soul.

"I like you too, Lucas. And I've known it ever since we met. But we can't be together." Maya replied.

"And why is that?" Lucas asked Maya.

"Because Riley. She'll be heartbroken if we become a couple." Maya replied.

"You only ever think about Riley. Why don't you stop and think about yourself for once?" He said as he grabbed Maya's  hand. "I'm sure Riley would understand. After all, you can't stop love."

"Love?" Maya asked shocked.

"Yeah. Love. I love you, Maya Hart." He said as he put his hands on Maya's face.

"I love you too, Lucas Friar" Maya replied as Lucas leaned in and-

"MAYA WAKE UP!" Maya heard someone say before her eyes darted open.

"Huh?" Maya asked in her sleepy voice. "What's going on?" Maya said before she saw Riley. Oh yeah. I forgot I slept over Riley's last night, Maya thought.

"I've been trying to wake you up for the past ten minutes. You were in a REALLY deep sleep" Riley replied.

"Oh. Um, yeah. I was having this weird dream" Maya replied.

"What about?" Riley asked.

"I'm hungry, are you hungry? Let's go get some breakfast" Maya said as she avoided the question and went to the kitchen.

"Hey, girls. Breakfast is on the table" Topanga said as they entered the kitchen.

They sat down at the table and ate their eggs and toast. After, they left for school.

(A/N: This is happening the same time as Maya's dream.)

"Do you ever think we could be more than friends?" Maya asked Lucas as she stared into his eyes.

"I don't think so. But I wish we could" Lucas replied.

"Why can't we?" Maya asked.

"Because of Riley." Lucas replied.

"Riley is my best friend, Lucas. I'm sure she'd understand and I'm sure she'd be happy for us" Maya replied.

"I'm sure she would. But I just don't want to hurt her" Lucas said.

"Neither do I" Maya replied sadly.

"I really like you, Maya" Lucas said as he stared deep into her soul.

"I really like you, too Lucas" Maya replied as she stared right back into his soul. They started to lean in and-

"Lucas! Wake up! Your gonna be late for school" Lucas's mom woke him up.

"Oh shoot!" Lucas replied as he darted his eyes open and got dressed.

What was that dream about? Lucas thought to himself.

"Bye mom!" Lucas said as he was about to run out the door.

"Wait! Take some breakfast" his mom said. Lucas grabbed a PopTart and then left. He ran to school. He didn't want to be late. And he only lives a few minutes away so it wasn't that far.

"Hey guys" he said as he caught up to Maya, Riley, Farkle and Zay.

"Dude why are you so out of breath?" Zay asked him. Zay was back from Texas. He was just visiting for a few days.

"I ran to school. I didn't want to be late." He said between breaths.

"why were you gonna be late?" Riley asked him.

"I was having this weird dream so I slept in late by accident" Lucas replied.

"The same thing happened to Maya. I was trying to wake her up for like ten minutes" Riley said.

Maya gave Riley a look that said 'really? You had to say that?'

"Weird" Lucas said.

They heard the bell and went to class.

" feelings" Mr. Matthews wrote on the board.

"How does he do that?" Maya, once again heard Lucas say under his breath.

"Feelings, along with close calls, is something that's terrifying. Something that can change your whole life. And something that could Change how you view the world. Feelings are one of the most terrifying things you can have or experience." Mr. Matthews said.

"How can you find out what your feelings are?" Riley asked.

"Sometimes you can't" Mr. Matthews replied.

"What happens if you don't?" Maya asked.

"Sometimes you go a little mad. And sometimes you're trying so hard to figure out what they mean, your actually missing what they REALLY mean. You're focusing so hard that you're missing the bigger picture and what your feelings really mean" Mr. Matthews explained.

"How do you figure out what they mean?" Lucas asked.

"It's different for everybody." Mr. Matthews replied.

After school, everybody went their separate ways.  Usually Maya would go over Riley's and usually Lucas and Farkle would hang out. But Maya wanted to be alone to figure out her feelings. And so did Lucas.

They were both confused about their dreams.

They were both feeling something weird. Something neither of them felt before.

The dreams were puzzling both of them for the next few days. And still after that.

---------------
A/N:

Heyyy guys! Sorry if this chapter confused you a little bit. And sorry it's shorter than usual but not all the chapters are gonna be long. Some are gonna be a lot shorter than others.

Anyway, I would like AT LEAST 3-5 comments before I update the next chapter. If I get 3-5 comments, I'll update tomorrow. If I don't, you guys have to wait 'till Saturday or Sunday. I know you can do it. You did it last time so you can do it this time :)

And guess what! 15 days until christmas and 8 days till Star Wars!!! YASSS!! Haha

Anyway, byeee!!!

-Jess