Chapter Fifty-Six: It's Been A Year

One Month Later:
---------------------------

All month Maya and Lucas have been taking the art classes three times a week after school. It's something fun they can do together as friends. They've been having a lot of fun with it.

They actually just got back from the class. They were at Lucas' house.

"Ooh, I like this one," Maya said. They were up in Lucas's room looking at all the paintings he did over the last few weeks.

"That ones my favorite I made," Lucas replied, agreeing with Maya.

"So are you enjoying the art classes?" Maya asked Lucas.

"I love them," Lucas replied. "I've learned a lot and they're really fun. And the teacher is great."

"I agree," Maya replied. She continued to admire Lucas' art until she had to leave.

"See you later," Lucas hugged Maya.

"Yeah, I'll try to text you later," Maya replied before running off.

"Okay, bye!" Lucas yelled. She turned around while running and waved bye to him before turning around again and continuing to run.

When she got to the Matthews apartment building, she took the fire escape up and went through Riley's window, like usual.

"Peaches!" Riley smiled big.

"Hey, Riles," Maya smiled back. "What's up?"

"Well, the dance is coming up," Riley replied.

"The dance?" Maya asked, confused.

"Our final dance as middle schoolers," Riley replied.

"Oh, yeah!" Maya said. "It's only like two months away!" She said sarcastically.

"Hey, you need to plan ahead," Riley said.

"What? My outfit?" Maya asked, sarcastically. "You want me to pick out an outfit two months before the dance?"

"No, silly," Riley laughed. "I mean, do you have any idea of who you want to go to the dance with?"

"Are you kidding?" Maya asked. "I'm not ready for another relationship. I don't even think I was ready for my first. I'm going to the dance solo."

"Oh," Riley frowned. "Should have figured"

"Yeah, well," Maya replied.

"Wow!" Riley suddenly said, loudly.

"What?" Maya asked, startled.

"I just realized that me and Zay have been dating for over a year. How did we not know this?" Riley said, shocked.

"It's been a year already?" Maya asked.

"Yeah," Riley smiled.

"Wow, Riles!" Maya said. "That's amazing."

"Yeah!" Riley said. "I really love him."

"Love looks so cute on you," Maya winked.

Riley smiled and they both just sat talking for a little while.

---------------------------

Hey guysss! 😁

Listen, I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE A MONTH. I've just been really distracted and enjoying life and I haven't really found the motivation to update or write recently. But I'm really sorry because that's really not fair to you guys. To make it up to you sorta, I'm gonna update tomorrow, too. And maybe one or two more this week. But considering there's only 3 or 4 chapters left, I might save it for next week. We'll see. Anyway, sorry for the chapter, it was kinda just a filler and I didn't Really didn't know how to write during this chapter clearly lol.

Okay, I'll see you guys tomorrow, love you all and again sorry!

Byeeee unicorns!!! 🦄

-Jess