Chapter Forty-Four: Patching Up A Relationship... Or Not

Previously:

"Lucas?"

"Kayla?"

(A/N: that's all lol 😋)

"Hey," Kayla said.

"Hey," Lucas said back. "How have you been?"

"Good," She replied. "You?"

"Good," Lucas replied. "What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much," She replied. "You?"

"This. We've been here since summer started," Lucas replied.

"Wow. You guys didn't get sick?" Kayla asked.

"We did a few times so we took breaks from it," Lucas replied.

"Good choice," Kayla awkwardly laughed. There was awkward silence for about a minute or two.

"Well, we were just about to leave. But I'll see you when school starts back up,"Lucas said.

"Well, we're gonna be here tomorrow. Maybe we'll bump into each other," Kayla said.

"Yeah maybe," Lucas smiled. "Well... I'll see you later," he said before him and Maya walked away.

"That was awkward," Maya said.

"You have no idea," Lucas replied.

--------------------------
The Next Day:
--------------------------

"So what do we ride first?" Lucas asked Maya when they entered the park.

"Let's go on Superman," Maya replied.

"You got it," Lucas replied. He took Maya's hand and they started to walk towards Superman hand-in-hand. They were both really tired so they weren't talking much. They both agreed that they probably should've just stayed in the hotel for the day. Too late now.

After the ride they went to one of the shops. They looked through all the stuff but then eventually decided to get rings. They didn't mean to both get one. They both liked them and picked them out when they were away from each other in the shop. Maya got a Superman ring and Lucas got a Batman ring. They decided they would get matching rings so Maya got a batman one, too. And Lucas got a Superman one, too.

Then they decided to go on the runaway train.

"You wanna get something to eat?" Maya asked Lucas after that ride.

"Sure," Lucas took Maya's hand in his and they walked to a place they could get food. They got Corn dogs and French fries. They sat at a table and started to eat

"So, you and Kayla..." Maya started. "You guys used to date. Right?"

"Well, we went on a few dates, but she was never my girlfriend," Lucas replied.

"Okay," Maya said.

"Why?" Lucas asked her.

"No reason," Maya replied.

"Come on, tell me."

"When you guys were talking yesterday, you seemed like you had a past. A big past sort of," Maya replied.

"Oh," Lucas replied. "We got in an argument and haven't talked since. So it was kind of weird. That's all."

"Oh okay," Maya replied. "What was the argument about..."

"You know the guy she was with yesterday?" Lucas asked.

"Andrew? Yeah, I know him," Maya replied.