Chapter Nine: The Meetup

Two Days Later:

"Lucas. I really like you. I have since you first started coming to school. I've been driving myself crazy holding in my feelings for you. I need to know if you like me or not. So please meet me in Central Park at 4:30 pm November 21st. Follow the trail of flower petals when you get there. Please, please, please meet me there. I need to know if you like me or not.

-Your secret admirer"

Lucas had just read his note.

Who could this be?  Should I actually meet them there or is it a trap or a setup or something? I'll just go. Should I? No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. That's it I'm going, Lucas thought.

With Maya:

"Maya. I really like you. I have since I first started coming to school. I need to know if you like me, too. It's been driving me crazy not being able to tell you how I really feel about you so, please meet me in Central Park November 21st at 4:30 pm. Follow the trail of Flower petals when you get there. PLEASE come. I need to know if you like me, too.

-your secret admirer."

Should I go? Yeah I'll just go, Maya thought.

The Next Day:

Maya and Lucas were both getting ready to go meet their secret admirers. Actually, each other. It was cold so they both dressed warm.

It was 3:56 when Maya left her house. She wanted to be sure not to be late. It was 3:39 when Lucas left his house. He also wanted to be sure not to be late. He lived further away from Central Park and Maya did. So he had to leave earlier.

Who could my secret admirer be? I hope it's Maya. Though I doubt it would be, Lucas thought.

Who's my secret admirer? It would be awesome if it was Lucas but it can't be. It would still be awesome though, Maya thought.

They were both thinking of all the possibilities of who their secret admirers could be on their way to Central Park.

The flower petals. There they are! Maya thought. She walked into the park and followed the petals until they stopped at a giant rock. The petals went all the way up the rock and then suddenly stopped. Maya sat down and waited for whoever was coming.

Lucas was also following the petals. he entered in a different side of the park. They lead to the same place as Maya's lead to. When Lucas got to the rock, he followed the petals up and saw Maya.

"Maya? What are you doing here?" Lucas asked as he went over to her.

"Lucas?" Maya asked. "Just waiting. Someone told me to meet them here"

"Same here" Lucas said.

"Weird" Maya said, in a confused tone.

They waited there for about 20 minutes in silence. It was 4:51.

"Who are you meeting here?" Maya asked.

"I don't know. I got a note In the mail" Lucas said.

"Same here" Maya replied. "Do you have that note?"

"Yeah, why?" Lucas asked her.

"Can I see it?" Maya asked him. Lucas took it out of his pocket and gave it to her.

"This is the same exact kind of note I got" Maya said after she read it. "And this is totally Riley's handwriting"

"Wait so you're saying that note is from Riley?" Lucas asked confused.