Chapter Fifty: Project Partners

At the end of the school day, Maya had to go over Lucas's house to work on the project they had to do.

Kill me, Maya thought. I can't work on a project with Lucas! I'll die! I can't do this!

But she was already knocking on her door. He opened it and sighed.

"Come on in," he said. He offered her a drink and he gave her a bottle of water.

De ja vu, Lucas thought.

They went into the living room and sat on the couch.

"So what exactly is the project?" Maya asked.

"You and your partner have to come up with a science experiment that shows how electricity travels," lucas replied.

"Okay..." Maya said. "That might be a little hard."

"No, not really" Lucas replied. "I did this same kind of experiment back in Texas."

"Oh okay," Maya replied. "I'm kinda glad I got you as a partner then."

They went out and bought everything they needed for the experiment and came back a little while later.

"Okay. Let's get started," Lucas said. They sat down on the couch and put everything on the coffee table.

"Does this attach to this?" Maya asked.

"Uh..." Lucas laughed a little. "How the heck would that attach to that?" 

"I don't know," Maya laughed. "I'm not good at science."

Two Hours Later:

"Okay, we didn't make much progress, but I think we should be done for the night." Lucas said.

"Yeah, probably," Maya replied. She grabbed her stuff and went to the front door.

"Same time tomorrow?" Lucas asked her.

"Yeah,"!she replied with a smile. She left and went over Riley's.

The Next Day After School:

Maya was walking over to Lucas's house. It was after school. She was going to work on the project again like yesterday.

"Hey," he said when he opened the door. He handed her a water bottle when she entered. "Figured you might want that."

Maya laughed and took it from his hands. They went into the living room and sat on the couch like yesterday.

"Okay, so where were we?" Lucas asked.

They started to make the project. They had two more days to work on it. It was a bigger project so they wish they had more time. But, what can you do?

"Does this go here?" Maya asked.

"Yep," Lucas replied.

"Glad I got it right that time" Maya replied.

Lucas laughed and then went up to use the bathroom.

Maya continued to work on the project and then got a text from her mom.

Mom: SHAWN ASKED ME OUT!!!

Maya: MOM NO WAY!! When is it?

Mom: TONIGHT!

Maya: you better go get ready then!

Mom: I know! See you later, baby

Maya: see ya later

Lucas came back in the room and sat on the couch.

Maya texted Riley to tell her the big news.

Maya: SHAWN AND MY MOM ARE GOING ON A DATE!!

Riley: NO WAY WHEN!?!?

Maya: TONIGHT!

Riley: OMG THAT'S HUGE!

Maya: i know! What if this is it? What if this could be the start to their life together? WHAT IF THEY GET MARRIED!?

Riley: it could happen! :D

Maya: anyway, gotta go work on the project. Bye

Riley: oh yeah! With Lucas right? How's it going?

Maya: yeah. And it's going good, actually. Not NEARLY as bad Or awkward as I thought it would be.

Riley: that's good! :D

"Is that Riley?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah," Maya replied.

"Tell her I say hi," Lucas said.

"Okay," Maya said.

Maya: yeah. Oh and Lucas says hi. Anyway I gotta go. Ttyl

Riley: oh tell him I say hi back! And ttyl

Maya shut her phone and continued to do the project.

-----------------------------
Hey guys!

How is everyone doing its been a little while. Merry Christmas Eve, merry Christmas, happy New Year's Eve, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Yo I can't believe it's 2017.

I was gonna update last week but I was on a retreat so i didn't have time.

Hope you guys liked the chapter.

Oh, what'd you guys get for Christmas? And what did everyone do in the past like three weeks? Tell me in the comments!

I'd like at least 2-5 comments and 2-5 votes! Thanks!

And I know everyone says things like, "new year, new me," and I know it's really annoying to hear, but I actually feel like a completely different person ever since I got back from my retreat. So I really think it is gonna be a new me this year.

Anyway that's all.

BYEEE unicorns!!! 🦄

~Jess