Chapter Seventeen: The Dance

A/N: I think you guys will like this chapter 😉
----------------------------------------------

The six arrived at the dance and were doing whatever. Farkle, Smackle, Zay and Riley went to dance. While Lucas and Maya went to get some punch.

"You look beautiful, Maya." Lucas smiled.

"Thanks" Maya blushed.

"Here" Lucas said when he handed her some punch.

"Thanks" Maya said.

"Wanna go dance?" Lucas asked her.

"Uh..." Maya said. "Sure"

There was some fun music playing so the six of them were just dancing like whatever. They probably looked like idiots but they didn't really care. 'Cause they were together and they were having a great time.

They were dancing for about two hours until they decided to take a break.

"I'll go get us some punch" Lucas said.

"Okay" Maya smiled.

"Having a good time?" Riley asked.

"Yeah. I am actually" Maya smiled.

"Man dancing can really make you tired" Zay interrupted.

"Yeah it can" Riley said.

"Here" Zay handed Riley some punch.

"Oh! Thanks" Riley replied as she took it.

"Wanna go dance some more?" Zay asked her.

"Uh yeah I guess. I'm really tired but sure" Riley laughed.

"Here" Lucas said when he came back with punch.

"Thanks" Maya took it.

"I want to ask you something. Can you come with me?" Lucas asked.

"Uh sure" Maya replied. She followed Lucas to the back of the school. "Why are we here?"

"I wanted it to be more private" Lucas said.

"Whatever creep" Maya joked.

Lucas laughed and took something out of his pocket.

"Maya, ever since I first saw you on the subway, I thought you were beautiful. And when you walked up to me and started talking to me, I was so nervous I couldn't speak. All year I liked you. I REALLY liked you. I still do like you. I think I always will." Lucas said. He got on one knee.

"Uh... Lucas...?" Maya asked nervously. She liked Lucas very much, but in no way was she ready to marry him. She wasn't ready for marriage AT ALL. and she won't be for a LONG TIME.

"Maya Hart, will you be my girlfriend?" He held a green ring pop. Maya's favorite flavor.

Maya was shocked. Should I say yes? I've wanted him to ask me for a while. But am I ready for a boyfriend? Maya asked herself.

"Well?" Lucas asked.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend, Lucas" Maya smiled.

Lucas smiled and grabbed Maya's hands. They just stared at each other. He leaned in slowly and eventually their lips met. It lasted a few seconds.

Maya was shocked. She wasn't expecting that.

But Lucas, he was nervous of what she thought of that. It took him a lot of courage to do that.

"Woah" Maya smiled.

Lucas smiled at her. He slid the
ring-pop on her finger and held her hand. They walked back inside together.

They were both smiling. When they walked in a slow song started.

Lucas looked at Maya and bowed.

"May I have this dance?" He smiled.

"You may" Maya replied. They both laughed and went to dance.

Maya put her hands on Lucas's shoulders . Lucas put his arms around Maya's back. They looked around and there were a bunch of couples dancing. Including Zay and Riley and Smackle and Farkle.

They were dancing until the end of the song. Then another fast song started. The dance was till ten. It started at 6:00. It was 8:11.

All night they talked, danced, laughed and drank punch. It was a really good night for all of them.

---------------------
A/N:

Heyyy, guys!!

Hope you like the chapter!

-Maya's hair and. Outfit for the dance at the top/side or whatever!

-I don't know how long middle school dances go for. So I just made it four hours. Idk.

-hope you guys are all having/had a good christmas (depending on when or where you read this)!!

-what'd you guys get? Tell me in the comments!

-I finally got a charger for my iPod. I haven't had one in MONTHS!

-what'd you think of the way Lucas asked Maya to be his girlfriend? When I was writing it I though it was adorable 😍

-i'd like at least 5 comments on this chapter if you want a chapter on Sunday!

Byeee!!! :)

~Jess <3