Chapter Thirty-Six: I Don't Know If I Can Take You Back

The Next Day:
---------------------

Maya was getting ready to go over Lucas' house to talk to him. It was Saturday so it was the perfect day. She could get it done sooner rather than later because there was no school.

She showered and got dressed. She put on her normal amount of makeup and did her hair. She put on her shoes and left. She walked to his house for some Exercise.

When she got to his house she knocked on the door and Lucas answered it.

"Oh hey," Lucas said.

"Hey," Maya smiled.

"Come on in," he said and he opened the door wider. Maya walked in and Lucas offered her a dink.

"Um, actually, water might be good," Maya said. She didn't know why she was acting so nice. I guess it's just kind of awkward.

"Sure thing," Lucas said. She followed him to the kitchen and he gavve her a bottle of water. "So should we go up to my room or what?" Lucas asked.

"Uh, sure" Maya replied. She followed him up to his room. When they entered, Lucas sat on his bed and Maya just stood there.

"You can take the desk chair," Lucas said.

"Oh thanks," she replied, before she sat down.

They just sat in awkward silence for a minute.

"So what'd you wanna tell me?" Lucas asked, breaking the silence.

"Oh. Right," Maya replied. "I wanna say I'm sorry."

"Oh?" Lucas said.

"I'm sorry for doing what I did. I'm sorry for dating you for like a month and then just doing that. I'm sorry for still liking Josh. I'm sorry for not talking to you for the last five months. I'm sorry for not even trying to fix our relationship. I'm sorry for all my feelings. I'm sorry for not knowing who I want to be with. I'm sorry i ever liked Josh-"

At that moment Lucas cut her off. "Why?" He asked.

"Because he started being a huge jerk to me. Every time I see him he has something mean to say," Maya replied, sadly.

"That doesn't seem like him at all," Lucas replied, confused.

"I know, right?" Maya said "anyway, I'm just really sorry. Okay?"

"I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. As you know, my first girlfriend cheated on me. I didn't want to be cheated on again so I may have overreacted a little bit." Lucas said.

"Did you really think I would cheat on you?" Maya asked, shocked.

"I don't know," Lucas replied. "After, I realized that you most likely wouldn't because you got hurt so much when you were little that you know what it feels like and that you wouldn't want someone else to feel pain."

"You're right. I would never cheat," Maya replied.

"I know," Lucas replied. "I'm also sorry for not trying to fix our relationship, For avoiding you all those months, for the way I reacted, for not letting you at least explain."

"I realized over the course of these five months that I really like you, Lucas. I really like you," Maya said. "I want You. Not Josh. But I understand if you can't take me back. I wouldn't want to take me back either." Maya got up out of the chair and went to the door.

"I don't know if I can take you back."

"I understand. I know you like the new girl. I see you hanging out with her sometimes," Maya relied with a frown. "But just think about what I said," then she left.

Lucas had a lot to think about. He needed To think about wether he wanted Kayla, or Maya...

He knew deep down who he should be with but he wasn't so sure who wanted to be with, and who was least likely to break his heart.

---------------------------

Ay guysssss!!!

What's up? How you doing?

Anyway, how'd you like the chapter? Leave a vote and comment please! Literally if you read the chapter it just takes a few seconds. And i'd really appreciate it :)

Also, i don't know if any of you have read my new book "Lucaya One Shots" yet, but if you haven't, go read it I think you'll like it! And go leave a comment and a vote on that, too to let me know if I should continue with them or not!

Anyway, I think that's all.

Byeeee, Unicorns! 🦄

~Jess