Chapter Six: Distant

Please read authors note at the end!:
------------------------

These past few days both Maya and Lucas were pretty distant from each other and everybody else. They both knew their feelings. Their feelings for each other and other people. And they just don't want to be around people because they were scared of what people would think. And they were also nervous and a little awkward about it.

"Maya! I know you're here!" Maya heard Riley yell.

How'd she get in? Maya thought, as she hid.

"Hey, Riles" Maya said as she came out from under her bed.

"Where have you been?" Riley said as she came through Maya's window.

"Here" Maya replied simply.

"You've been at school but it's almost as if you're avoiding me. You come to school and don't talk to anyone. Lucas has been doing the same thing" Riley said.

"He has?" Maya asked.

"Yeah. Did something happen between you two?" Riley asked.

"No." Maya lied.

"Bay window now" Riley said as she dragged Maya out the window. When they got to Riley's, they went straight to the bay window. "Now tell me what's going on with you"

"Nothing's going on with me. I just need some alone time" Maya replied.

"Maya, I know you and I know that's not it" Riley replied.

"What are you talking about? Of course that's it."

"Maya, please tell me the truth" Riley frowned.

"I-" Maya cut herself off. "I can't"

"Fine. You leave me no choice. Ring power!" Riley said.

"Fine. You're right. I DO like Lucas. I have ever since the first day" Maya replied.

"Oh" Riley said. "I knew it"

"I just didn't want to admit it because I know you guys like each other" Maya asked. "But how can you NOT like him?"

"I don't know" Riley said. "And thank you. That was really great of you"

"You're welcome" Maya replied. "But It doesn't matter anyway. He doesn't like me. He likes you. He'll always only like you" she said sadly.

"You don't know that" Riley replied.

"Yeah I do. He likes you. Not me"

-----------
(A/N: again this is happening the same time as Maya and Riley's talk)
------

"Lucas! Where are you?" Farkle yelled through Lucas's house. "Come on. I know you're here!"

"What are you doing here?" Lucas asked Farkle when Farkle walked into Lucas's room.

"I came here for you. Where have you been?" Farkle asked him.

"Nowhere. Everywhere. Here" Lucas replied.

"Why haven't you been around?" Farkle asked.

"I don't know." Lucas replied simply. A minute later Zay walked in.

"Hey. Where have you been?" Zay asked.

"Why are you guys here?" Lucas asked them.

"We were worried about you. You and Maya have been so distant and just like disappeared off the face of the earth recently" Farkle said.

"Maya too?" Lucas asked, confused.

"Yeah. Did something happen or is something going on between you two?" Farkle asked.

"No. Maybe." Lucas said. "I told her about my past. I told her about everything" Lucas said after he looked at Zay.

"You told MAYA that? Why?" Zay asked, shocked.

"Because she told me about her dad. So I told her about everything" Lucas replied.

"What's everything?" Farkle asked. Lucas told Farkle everything.

"Wow. So you don't have a dad?" Farkle asked after.

"Nope" Lucas replied.

"Then why do you pretend you do?" Farkle asked.

"It just hurts to much to think about" Lucas replied.

"I didn't know you went through so much" Farkle said.

"Yeah, well I didn't really want anybody to know" Lucas replied.

"So that's what happened between you and Maya?" Zay asked.

"Yeah." Lucas replied.

"But why have you been so distant?" Farkle asked.

"You're right, Farkle. I do like Maya. I have since day one" Lucas said.

"I knew I was right" Farkle replied. "Then again I always am"

"You like Maya?" Zay asked.

"Yeah. I do" Lucas said.

"Does she like you?" Zay asked.

"I don't know. Probably not" Lucas relied.

"Do you want us to find out?" Farkle asked.

"No. If she ever wants to tell me she will." Lucas replied.

"We're always here if you need us" Farkle said.

"I know. Thanks guys. I think I just want to be alone right now, though" Lucas replied.

"Alright. Well good luck dude" Zay said. They both left and Lucas just laid on his bed thinking. Farkle walked back in a minute later.

"Wait so that means you lied during truth or dare!" Farkle said.

"Yeah..." Lucas replied. Farkle just shook his head and walked back out.

Back with Maya and Riley:

"So you've liked Lucas since he first started coming to school?" Riley asked.

"Yep" Maya replied.

"Then why do you treat him the way you do?" Riley asked.

"I wanted to make sure nobody knew I liked him" Maya replied.

"Does he like you?" Riley asked.

"I don't know. But why would he like me if there's you?"

"Because you're amazing."

"I'm not. And you're way more amazing than I'll ever be" Maya said.

"Stop putting yourself down now!" Riley said. "Now, Do you want me to find out if he likes you?"

"What? No. He'll tell me if he ever wants to. I'm not gonna force it." Maya said.

"Alright" Riley smiled. "Do you wanna sleepover?"

"Sure. I'll text my mom" Maya replied.

----------------------------
A/N:

Heyyyy, Guys!!! I hope you liked this chapter!! What did you guys think of them revealing there feelings for on another? -tell me in the comments!!

Also, Do any of you guys have the app Wishbone? -if you do, follow me @didrosscallthedr. For some fun Wishbone's. I have a lot of double ones and I'm sorry about that (I was just trying to get then featured and they never did, sadly)

Also, if you like R5, I have another account. It's DidRossCallTheDoctor

One more thing: I'm gonna make an update schedule. I'm not gonna update every day. I'm gonna update Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays instead. So you get 3 chapters a week! (Sorry but I don't want the story to go to fast) the next chapter will be on Monday. But only if I get 3-5 comments. ok? Ok.

Byeeee!!!!!

-Jess