Chapter Sixteen: Getting Ready For The Dance

Six Days Later:
---------------------

It was Friday. The day of the school dance. Riley and Maya were gonna get each other ready.

They were doing each other's nails right now. Riley was painting her nails black with white sparkly stripes over it. Maya was painting her nails white with blue stripes. And sparkly nail polish over it. Riley did Maya's nails and Maya did Riley's nails.

After they did each other's nails, they sat at the bay window while their nails dried.

"Do you think Lucas will ever ask me to he his girlfriend?" Maya asked.

"I'm sure he will" Riley replied.

"When?" Maya asked. "It's been a while now"

"I know. But you can't rush him. You have to let him ask you when he's ready" Riley said.

"How do you know so much about relationships?" Maya asked her, confused.

"I've asked my parents. And I've learned by watching them" Riley replied.

"Can I ask you something?" Maya asked.

"Always" Riley replied.

"Did you tell Lucas you just wanted to just be friends because I like him, or because you actually didn't like him like that?" Maya asked.

"I didn't like him like that anymore. I promise" Riley replied with a smile.

"Good. Because I would never want you to do that" Maya smiled back.

They just hung out all day until it was time to get ready. So they took showers and went to get their outfits. (A/N: no. They didn't take a shower together haha) when they went back Into Riley's room, they saw Topanga and Katie sitting at the bay window.

"Mom what are you doing here?" Maya asked with a smile.

"I came to help you get ready." Katy replied.

"Really? You guys are gonna help us?" Riley asked with a smile.

"I always help you get ready" Topanga replied.

Maya and Riley sat in chairs while Katie and Topanga got ready to make them up. They Did makeup first.

"This means a lot mom" Maya smiled.

"I'm glad" Katy replied with a smile.

After they did their makeup, they did their hair.

"Here you go" Katy said after she finished.

"I love it! Thanks mom!" Mays said. She got up and hugged her mom.

"Thanks mom!" Riley said after Topanga finished on her.

"You guys have a half hour till you're getting picked up. You better go get your dresses on" Topanga said.

They did as told and got their outfits on.

"Wow. You look beautiful, Baby girl" Katy smiled when the girls came into the living room after they got their dresses on.

"Thanks mom" Maya smiled back.

"Riley you look beautiful" Topanga smiled.

"Thanks mom" Riley smiled. They waited to get picked up. Finally a half hour later, the doorbell rang. There stood Lucas, Zay, Farkle and Smackle.

"Wow." Lucas said.

"You said it dude" Zay said.

"You guys look great" Farkle said.

"I agree" Smackle said.

"Hey, guys. Come on in. I need to take some pictures." Katy said.

First it was Smackle and Farkle that were taking pictures. To make it go faster Topanga was taking pictures at the same time. She was taking pictures of Zay and Riley. Then Katy started taking pictures of Lucas and Maya.

"Get a little closer" Katy said. Lucas put his arm around Maya's back and Maya put her hand around Lucas's back.

Then just the guys. Then just the girls. Then everybody together.

"Okay. You're all clear to go" Topanga said.

"Not yet" Katy added. "Lucas. Can I see you for a second?"

"Yes Ma'am?" Lucas asked when he went over to her.

"You treat my baby girl right. She's been through enough heartbreak to last a lifetime. I don't need it coming from you, too" Katy said. "She better come home happy tonight. But if she comes home upset in any way because of you, I swear-"

"Mom. It's fine. We have to go" Maya interfered.

"You have nothing to worry about ma'am. I don't plan on hurting Maya anytime soon" Lucas said to her quietly.

"Good. You shouldn't. She doesn't deserve it." Katy replied.

"I agree" Lucas said.

"Good. Now go have some fun" Katy said.

They all left and made their way to the dance.

-----------------------
A/N:

Heyyy, guys!

Hope you liked the chapter!

-Riley's outfit and hair for the dance at the top/side or whatever!

-MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE (again)!!!

-I would also like at Least 5 (or more) comments on this chapter!!

-Hope you all have a great christmas!!! :) <3

Byeee!!! :)

~Jess