Chapter Thirty-Five: Five Months

One Month Later:
-------------------------

Lucas and Maya have been broken up for five months now. Maya think she's finally figured out her feeling and Lucas is thinking about maybe asking Kayla to be his girlfriend. Possibly.

Lucas walked Into school with Kayla by his side.

"Are you guys ready?" Riley asked with a smile.

"Ready for what?" Farkle asked.

"Summer is almost here," Riley replied in a duh tone.

"Not really. It's over a month away," Zay said. Him and Riley are dating. They have been since New Years.

Flashback:

"10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone yelled.

"Riley, will you be my girlfriend?" Zay asked Riley.

"Of course!" Riley smiled. Zay kissed Riley and at that exact moment fireworks went off. They pulled apart after a few seconds and laughed because of how ironic that was.

"Well, happy new year," Zay laughed.

"Happy new year," Riley also laughed.

End Of Flashback:

While Lucas was on the way to his locker, he bumped into no one other than, Maya.

"Sorry," Maya said.

"Sorry," Lucas said at the same time.

"So how have you been?" Maya asked.

"Fine. You?" Lucas asked.

"Not that good," Maya said.

"Sorry about that," Lucas frowned

"Yeah, well," Maya frowned. "Can I talk to you after school?"

"I can't," Lucas replied. Maya frowned again. "But I can talk tomorrow," he finished.

Maya smiled and said, "great. Can I come over your house?"

"Sure," Lucas replied.

"Okay. See you tomorrow," Maya said before she walked away.

---------------------------------
Later In The Day:

With Lucas And Kayla:
----------------------------------

Lucas and Kayla walked into a café for their date.

"So what do you wanna do during summer? My family has a house in California I thought I could convince them to bring Farkle, Riley and Zay with us. We go down their for the whole summer every year," Kayla said when they sat down with their drinks.

"That's sounds great," Lucas replied, still in his thoughts.

"Yeah so I figured I'd ask them tomorrow. Then if they say yes you guys ask your parents..." Lucas zoned out after that.

What could Maya have to tell me? Is she gonna say that she chooses me? Or is she gonna say that she chooses Josh? I need to know. I can't wait until tomorrow. I have to though. It's killing me.

"So what do you think?" Kayla asked.

"Hmm?" Lucas asked, coming out of his thoughts.

"I said what do you think," Kayla replied.

"About what?" Lucas asked.

"Did you hear anything I just said?"

"No," Lucas replied. "Sorry."

"Are you okay?" She asked him, confused.

"I just a have something on my mind," Lucas replied.

"You can tell me" Kayla said as she placed her hand on his hand.

"Someone I haven't talked to in a while said they need to talk to me. That's all," Lucas said.

"Is it that girl Maya?"

"Why would you ask that?" He asked, confused.

"I asked your friends what happened. They told me the whole story," She frowned.

"Oh..." Lucas said.

"Do you still like her?" Kayla asked.

"No," Lucas lied.

"Lucas?" She asked.

"I don't know," he lied again.

"Lucas," She said again.

"Yes..." Lucas replied. "I'm sorry," he frowned.

"It's okay. I get it," she frowned. "Go get her" Lucas smiled.

"And if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here," Jenny said before she left. "See you later."

"See you later," Lucas felt bad that he let Kayla down like that. He didn't want to like Maya. He wanted to like Kayla. But Maya never escaped his mind since New Years.

He knew it now. He was in love with the Clutterbucket. And there was nothing he could do about it.

-----------------------
Hey guys!

What'd you think of the chapter? I, of course, liked the last three sentences lol.

I'd like at least 2-5 votes and 3-5 comments on this chapter before I update.

Let me just say, I am super satisfied with the amount of comments that say "what do you mean?" Or that sing like a whole verse or chorus of the song or something like that. It's happened so many times and it's hilarious and I love it 😂

Anyway, tell me what you guys think about the chapter, the story, or anything at all really lol.

Byeeeee, Unicorns 🦄

~Jess