Chapter Fourty-Nine: School Starts Up

Five Days Later:
-----------------------

It was Wednesday. The start of school.

Maya was still a crying wreck and Lucas was still up in his room a mess. Neither of them wanted to go to school or see each other. Or Andrew and Kayla. They didn't want to see anyone. They wanted to be up in their rooms alone. Away from everyone. But they couldn't. According to their parents, they had to get an education. Whatever.

Maya got up and got In the shower. Lucas was at his house doing the same thing.

Maya got dressed and then did her hair and makeup. She put on her shoes and went to Riley's to pick her up.

Lucas got ready and then left his house.

---------------------------
With Maya & Riley:
---------------------------

"It's Maya," Maya said through the intercom thingy (I forget what it's called).

"Come on up!" Riley said back. Maya walked in and saw them eating breakfast. She already ate at home so she denied the breakfast Topanga offered.

"Let's go," Riley said. "See you guys later!"

They walked out of the building and onto the subway.

"So how are you doing?" Riley asked Maya.

"I don't want to talk about it," Maya replied. Riley frowned and they got on the train.

"Let's take a different train," Riley suggested.

"What?" Maya asked, confused. "Why?"

"There's someone on here that I really don't think you wanna see right now," Riley replied, looking behind Maya.

Maya turned around and saw Lucas. They made eye contact and looked away from each other as fast as they could.

"We can't," Maya sighed.

"Why?" Riley asked.

"Because one: the train doors are already closed," Maya replied. "And two: because we'll be late for school."

"Oh," Riley frowned. Maya wasn't one to care about school. So that was weird. Maya avoided turning around for the whole ride. But Riley was looking back and forth between Maya and Lucas frowning. Frowning isn't something she does too often.

When the train stopped Maya got off as fast as she could with Riley right behind her. They walked into the school and went to their lockers that were right next to each other's.

They opened them and took out the books they needed for their first class. Maya had math and Riley had Science.

-----------------------
With Lucas:
-----------------------

When Lucas got off the train, he walked slower than Maya and Riley, on purpose, so that he wouldn't catch up.

When he got to school he walked up to Farkle and Zay.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey, man," Zay replied.

"How are you doing?" Farkle asked.

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"Of course," Zay said.

Lucas went to his locker and grabbed his books for English. When he heard the bell ring, he made his way to class.

With No One:

After their first classes, everyone grabbed their books from their lockers and made their ways to their second classes.

Lucas and Maya had science... Uh oh.

Riley had math and so did Farkle. Zay had English.

Maya took her seat at the furthest back seat. Lucas took his seat as far away from Maya's as he could. So the front of the class.

"Okay, class," Who everyone was guessing was the teacher, said. "I'm Mr. Kenneth. I'll be your teacher for this year."

"Hi, Mr. Kenneth," the whole class said.

"Okay, so I'm gonna pair you guys up to do a project," Mr. Kenneth said.

He started saying names of the people who were paired up.

"Lucas Friar and Maya Hart," he said.

WHAT!?, Maya thought.

NO NO NO, Lucas thought.

"Excuse me, sir?" Lucas raised his hand.

"Yes Mr. Friar?" Mr. Kenneth asked.

"Can I have a different partner?" Lucas asked.

"Why?" Mr. Kenneth asked Lucas.

"With all do respect, sir. But I'd rather not say."

"If you can not give me a reason, you can not have a different partner," Mr. Kenneth replied to Lucas.

This is gonna be tough, Lucas thought.

------------------------------------
Hey guys!

Ik I said I would update twice yesterday, but I forgot i had to go to work so here you go. Hope you liked it.

I'd like 2-5 comments and 2-5 votes. Thanks!

Byeeee unicorns! 🦄

~Jess