Chapter Fourty-Seven: Ugh, Fine

One Month Later-ish:
------------------------------

It was the end of summer and school would be starting up in just a few days.

The Matthews would be getting home from their vacation today. And so would the Minkus's. Zay was also coming back from Texas with his dad.

Katy has been trying to take care of Maya as much as she could for the last month. She's still a wreck.

"Maya," Katy said. She'd be leaving for work in a few minutes, but she needed to help Maya, too. "You need to get up. Riley's coming back and is gonna want to see you."

"I don't want to see anyone," Maya said. She was crying. Again.

"But people want to see you."

"Just let me lay here and die!" Maya cried.

"You're not gonna die," Katy said. "Stop being overdramatic"

"I just want to be left alone!"

"Alright. I tried," Katy said before she left the room. Maya laid there crying like she had for the last month (or so). She hadn't talked to anyone. She hasn't returned anyone's calls or texts.  She hasn't been on her phone at all. She's barely even been out of her room except to get food and use the bathroom.

---------------------------
Three Hours Later:
---------------------------

"Hey, peache-" Riley cut herself off when she saw how Maya looked. She entered through the window and went over to Maya on her bed. "What's wrong?"

"Ugh, I don't want to talk about it!" Maya said.

"Come on. Tell me."

"Ugh, fine," Maya said. She explained everything to Riley. It would be the third time she's explained this.

"Oh my gosh. Maya. I'm so sorry," Riley hugged her best friend and Maya cried into her shoulder.

"It still hurts so much!" Maya cried.

"I know," Riley said. "It will get better."

"I hope," Maya said.

"School starts back up in a few days," Riley said. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"Probably not," Maya replied. "But I'll have to be."

Riley frowned and hugged Maya again.

--------------------------------
Hey guys! Sorry, I know it's another short chapter.

Anyway, I'd like at least 2-5 comments and 2-5 votes.

I guess that's all. I have nothing going on in my life at the moment so yeah

BYEEE unicorns 🦄

~Jess