Chapter Fifty-Four: Josh's Apology

The Next Day:
---------------------

The next day Maya and Riley woke up and went to the kitchen to eat breakfasts. When they walked in, they saw Cory, Topanga and Auggie eating. Along with Josh...

Maya followed Riley and they sat down. Maya sat across from Josh which she wasn't very happy about. she avoided looking at him the whole time they were eating.

"Well, we gotta go. We're gonna take Auggie to the park," Topanga said.

"Riley, Maya, we'll be home later," Cory said before they left.

It was Saturday so Maya and Riley were probably just gonna chill in the house all day.

"I'll be right back," Riley said.

After Riley left to go to the bathroom, it was pretty silent. It was really awkward since it was only them.

"So how are you doing...?" Josh asked Maya, awkwardly.

"Oh, so you're being nice now? Is that what's going on? Is jerk festival finally over, are you finally back? Cause I could've sworn you were moving there," Maya said, sarcastically and rudely. But can you blame her?

"Listen, I'm really sorry," Josh apologized.

"Yeah, it's gonna take more than a simple apology to fix things," She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I know," He sighed.

"You were a complete jerk!" Maya said. "I don't know if I can forgive you for that."

"I know," Josh replied. "But let me explain."

"Fine," Maya said. "But let me just say this. I am completely over you. And I probably always will be after how you treated me."

"Then my plan worked perfectly," Josh smiled.

"What? What do you mean?" Maya asked, confused. Riley entered the room but then left when she saw them talking.

"Let me explain everything," Josh said.

"Yeah, that might be good."

"Well, this all obviously started on New Years." Josh said. "When you bumped Into me crying and said that Lucas broke up with you because he saw us looking at each other, I came up with a plan. I saw how much you liked Lucas and how much he liked you, and how perfect you guys are for each other and how heartbroken you were. I couldn't come between that. You finally seemed happy and so I needed to find a way for you to get over me. So I decided to act like a jerk so you wouldn't like me anymore."

"Well, mission accomplished," Maya said. "That was a really stupid plan."

"All that matters is that it worked," Josh said.

"That is not all that matters. I don't care why you did what you did. It was so incredibly stupid and I don't understand out of everything you could've done you decided to break my heart. Don't you think I've had enough of that?"

"I know I probably could've thought of something different, but it was the first thing that came to mind, I'm sorry," he replied. "I know you've had so much heartbreak but I just didn't want to be the one to ruin what you two had."

"Why'd you decide to tell me?" Maya asked.

"I don't know. I figured it was jut going on for too long now," Josh replied. "I couldn't handle being mean to you anymore, and I figured that you and howdy had to be on good terms by now."

"I'm glad you told me this. And we are on good terms," Maya replied. "We got back together."

"That's great. I figured you guys had to," Josh smiled.

"But then we broke up again in the summer," Maya added.

"Oh," Josh frowned. "Sorry."

"It's fine. Now we're pretty much best friends, so yeah," Maya said.

"That's great," Josh smiled again.

"Yeah," Maya said.

"I have to go, but I'm gonna say one last thing," he said before getting up. "I'm really sorry, I know it was dumb, but I was just trying to help you. I just wanted you to be happy and be with someone who really loved you for you. And I saw that in Lucas. I know I made everything bad for you, but I did it for a good reason. I'm truly very sorry and I hope you can forgive me." Then he turned around, yelled bye to Riley, and left.

Maya sat there smiling. She did forgive Josh, she just didn't want him to know that.

------------------------------
Hey guys!

I really like this chapter, I hope you guys do too.

No ones commenting and it's making me really sad. So guys, please start commenting, I appreciate the votes but I really want comments. I love to hear what you guys have to say, but you guys aren't saying anything.

Oh, happy MLK day.

Anyway, I'd like at least 2-5 comments and 2-5 votes please.

Byeeee unicorns!!! 🦄

~Jess