Chapter Ten: Lets Count This As Our First Date

The Next Day:
-------------------
At School:
---------------

"Did you tell Farkle and Zay that I like Lucas?" Maya asked Riley quietly.

"Yeah. Sorry" Riley replied.

"Don't be. It's fine" Maya smiled.

"It is?" Riley asked with a smile.

"Yeah." Maya replied. "And did you guys send notes to us?"

"Yeah..." Riley replied. "Sorry about that, too. I guess we should have let you guys get together on your own"

"No. Thank you. We probably would have never gotten together if it wasn't for you guys. We probably would have never found out how we feel about each other either. So thank you" Maya said.

"So are you guys dating?" Riley asked with a smile.

"Nope" Maya replied.

"What?" Riley asked, confused. "Why not?"

"We're not gonna rush it. We're gonna go on a few more dates and see how it goes" Maya replied.

"Oh. Okay" Riley replied. They heard the bell and went to Mr. Matthews class. When Maya walked in she saw Lucas smiling at her. She blushed and sat down In front of him like she always does.

She felt Lucas tap her shoulder. She turned around and he handed her a note.

"Do you wanna go out after school?

-Lucas"

she wrote "yes" on the note and handed it back to him.

After school, Lucas met Maya at her locker.

"Ready to go, Huckleberry?" Maya asked him.

"Yeah. Are you?" Lucas asked her.

"Where are you guys going?" Riley asked them.

"We're just gonna go hang out" Maya said.

"Ooh like a date?" Riley asked.

"Uh, yeah." Lucas smiled. Maya smiled at him and they got ready to go.

"I'll come over your house later" Maya said to Riley before they left.

They walked down the street both of them just smiling stupidly. They went into some small restaurant.

"So is this our first or second date?" Maya asked.

"I think we should count this as our first date." Lucas said.

"Alright" Maya agreed. She just laughed At herself.

"What's so funny?" Lucas asked her.

"We're on a date" Maya laughed.

"Haha yeah" Lucas's laughed back a little.

"I mean, I never thought WE would be on a date" she said.

"Yeah me neither" Lucas replied.

"To be honest, I kinda always wished we would be one day, though" she said.

"Yeah me too." Lucas smiled.

"Did you ever a girlfriend back in Texas?" Maya asked. "Or was Riley your first girlfriend?"

"I had one. But I caught her kissing another guy" Lucas replied with a frown.

"That sucks" Maya relied.

"Yeah. So I kinda never really let my guard down with girls unless I trusted them. I never trusted anyone. So I never dated anyone else" Lucas said.

"So do you trust Riley?" Maya asked.

"I do. I trust her more than anything" Lucas said.

"Do you trust me?" Maya asked.

"If I didn't I would to be sharing what I'm sharing with you. I trust the people I've met here more than anything. Not just Riley." Lucas smiled.

"Did you really like Riley or were you just with her because she liked you and you didn't want to hurt her?" Maya asked.

"No. I really liked her" he smiled.

"Good." Maya smiled back, sincerely.

"Do you trust me?" Lucas asked her.

"I'm gonna tell you the truth." Maya replied. "I've only known you for about a year now. It's hard for me to fully trust you"

"I understand. It's hard to trust people when something that happened to you happened. Especially when you've only known them for a year. But just know you can trust me" he said as he placed his hand on her hand that was on the table.

She looked down at their hands and said, "thanks. That means a lot" she smiled. They stayed there eating for about an hour just talking about whatever.

After they left, Lucas walked Maya to Riley's. "Thanks for walking me here" Maya smiled.

"No problem" Lucas smiled back.

"Well, bye" Maya said with a small laugh after they just stood there awkwardly for a minute.

"Oh. Right" Lucas laughed. He kissed her on the cheek and left. Maya blushed super big and went inside.

"Hey Ma-" Topanga cut herself off. "Are you blushing?"

"I don't know what you're talking about" Maya played off cool. "It's just cold outside"

"Mhmmm sure" Topanga replied, not believing what Maya just said.

"She's lying" Riley said as she entered the room. "She was just on a date with Lucas."

"With Lucas?" Topanga asked, shocked. "You and Lucas are dating?"

"Not dating. Yet. But Didn't Riley tell you?" Maya asked, confused.

"No". Topanga replied.

"I didn't?" Riley asked. "Wow. I must have forgot. Sorry, mom"

"When did this happen?" Topanga asked.

"The other day" Maya replied. Maya and Riley explained everything to her and Cory.

"Wow. So you and Lucas are just friends?" Cory asked Riley.

"Yep" Riley replied.

"And you and Lucas are dating?" Topanga asked Maya.

"No. We're gonna go on a few dates and see how it goes. And if it goes well, I guess we'll start dating" Maya replied.

"Wow. This changes a lot" Cory said.

"Yep" Maya and Riley replied together.

-------------------
A/N:

Heyyy guys! I decided to update a little earlier today because In going to Star Wars in a few minutes. YASSSSS!!!! SO EXCITED!!

-Anyway, tell me what you thought Of this chapter! :)

-Remember I need at least 3-5 comments if you want a chapter on Monday!

Byeeee!!!

~Jess