Chapter Fifty-One: Just Friends

Please read authors note at the end Ik it's long but I need advice!
------------------------------------------

Two Days Later:
-----------------------

Maya and Lucas have on more night to work on the project. Tonight.

Katy and Shawn's date went great! They're going on another one next week. Maya really hopes they get together eventually. She's not hoping that much, though. Like she said, 'hope is for suckers'.

Maya was walking over to Lucas's house like she had for the past three nights.

"Hey," Lucas said when he opened the door. She went inside and they went into the living room and sat on the couch like they've done for the past three days.

They started to work on the project (again).

"So, will we have this done in time?" Maya asked Lucas.

"We better," Lucas replied.

"True," Maya replied.

"Can you attach this to that red wire?" Lucas asked Maya a few minutes later.

"With what?" Maya asked.

"Use the electrical tape," He replied.

Maya did just that and attached a blue wire to a red wire.

"Done," Maya said, after she finished.

"Okay and then can you put that red wire through the silver plate and then tape it to that?" Lucas said.

"Sure," Maya took the wires and did just as Lucas said

"And then put the silver plate onto the battery and tape the edges of it," Lucas said. (A/N: idk I'm just making this up)

"Alright" Maya replied. She once again did as told (something she didn't do too often).

One Hour Later:

"You wanna take a break?" Lucas asked Maya.

"Sure," Maya replied.

"Wanna order some pizza?"

"Yeah, that sounds good" she replied.

Lucas called the nearest pizza shop and ordered a pepperoni pizza.

"Should be here in about a half hour," Lucas said, after he got off the phone.

"Great," Maya smiled.

They worked on more of the project until they heard the doorbell.

"That will be 12.23" the pizza guy said to Lucas. Lucas handed the guy the money and took the pizza from him. "Thank you. Have a good night."

"You too," Lucas said, before he shut the front door.

He brought the pizza to the kitchen and put it on the table. They sat down and started eating it.

"Can I say something?" Maya said.

"Yeah, sure," Lucas said, confused.