Chapter Fourteen: Shopping For The Dance

The Next Day:
------------------------

It was Saturday so Maya and Riley decided to go buy there outfits for the dance.

"Here's some money" Maya's mom, Katie said. Normally Katie wouldn't be able to give Maya money to do stuff like this. But she knew how much this dance meant to Maya. Maya wouldn't stop talking about it. So she gave Maya $50 to buy an outfit.

"Wow. are you sure mom?" Maya asked.

"Yes. Now get outta here" Katie smiled.

"Thanks so much mom!" Maya said before she ran out of the store with Riley.

They passed by a few stores until they saw this dress store. They went in and started looking for dresses.

"What do you think?" Riley said as she held up a white dress.

"I like it! You should try it" Maya replied.

"I will" Riley replied with a smile.

Maya grabbed a black and white dress, a red dress and a dark blue dress.

Riley grabbed a purple dress, a floral dress, and a black and white dress. They tried the dresses on.

"What do you think of this one?" Riley said as she came out with the white dress.

"If doesn't look that good" Maya replied honestly. "What do you think of this one?" Maya had the red one on. 

"It's alright" Riley said.

They tried on the dresses. Riley got hers but Maya couldn't find one.

"I'm never gonna find a dress" Maya replied, frustratedly.

"Yes you will" Riley relied.

"I tried on 20 dresses, Riley! None of them were good!" Maya stressed.

"That purple one was good!" Riley said, trying to calm her best friend down.

"It was to short!" Maya said.

"Why are you so upset? You've never gotten this upset about what you wore to the dance before!" Riley said.

"Because I wasn't going with someone! This time I am! I want to look good!" Maya said.

"Lucas doesn't care how you look!" Riley said.

"But I care how I look! And I want to look good!" Maya freaked.

"Okay. Then let's go to another store" Riley suggested.

"Al-alright" Maya calmed down. They got out of the store and went to another store. Maya tried on five more and didn't really like any of them. They were alright but not what she was looking for. They went to a different store and picked out five more dresses.

"I give up! I'm never gonna find a dress!" Maya said after she tried on the five dresses

"Yes you will! Just hold on" Riley said.

"Can I help you?" An employee asked when Riley walked over to her.

"Yes. My friends breaking down because she can't find a dress. She's tried on like thirty but didn't like any. If she doesn't find one soon I don't know what will happen. Could you help her find a dress?" Riley said.

"Oh boy. I've been there" the employee said. "What's the dress for?"

"Our middle school dance" Riley replied.

"I think I can help you out" she said. "Can I see your friend?"

"Of course" Riley replied as she walked over to Maya.

"Mhmm. I think I have a dress that would look good on you" the employee walked away and came back a few minutes later with a dress. "Here you go"

Maya went into the dressing room and tried it on. She came out with a smile on her face.

"Wow. That's so pretty!" Riley said. "Do you like it, Maya?"

"I-i love it" Maya smiled big.

"Really? Great!" Riley smiled.

"Thank you so much" Maya said to the employee.

"No problem! It's my job" Ashley, the employee replied.

"Now Let's go get shoes!" Riley said.

"Oh boy" Maya said as she went to change back into her clothes. She went to the cash register and bought the dress. "Thank you again. If it wasn't for you I don't think I would have ever found a dress. And I know I wouldn't have picked up that one."

"No problem. It looks beautiful on you" Ashley replied. "Whoever your date is, he's a lucky guy"

"Thank you" Maya replied. She grabbed her dress and left the store with Riley.

"Let's go in this store"Riley said after they went down a few blocks and saw a shoe store. They went in and saw shelves upon shelves of shoes. This was gonna be a long time.

"I want black shoes with my dress" Riley said before she went to look. Maya went to look for some too. They tried SO MANY shoes on. But none looked good with their dresses.

"Do these look good?" Riley asked Maya as she had on black wedges.

"Yeah those look great with the dress!"Maya replied.

"Good then I'm getting these" Riley relied.

Maya looked for a few more minutes until she found a pair that might look good with the dress. She put them on and showed Riley.

"How do these look?" Maya asked Riley. Maya was holding the dress up to herself.

"I love those! Those are so nice!" Riley said.

"Great. I'm getting them then" Maya replied. They both bought their shoes and left the store. Maya went home with Riley and they showed Topanga their outfits.

--------------------
A/N:

Heyyy, Guys!!! What's up?

-hope you liked the chapter!

-I have off from school today so I thought I'd update early.

-can you guys believe there's only 2 days 'till christmas!? Yass

-I had something else to say but I forget what it is. Ugh Whatever.

-just remember I need at least 3-5 comments if you want a chapter tomorrow!

Byeee!!! :) <3

~Jess