Chapter Fifty-Eight: Thanksgiving

Five Days Later:
Thanksgiving Eve:
-------------------------------

It was thanksgiving eve. Maya was over the Matthews helping them prepare the meals. Maya and Auggie were tearing up bread for the stuffing. And Topanga and Riley were cutting up vegetables for the stuffing. Cory was peeling potatoes.

Even though christmas is great, I mean, there's presents and stuff, but Thanksgiving has always been Maya's favorite holiday because it was about what you were thankful for. And that was Family for Maya. Or, at least, it was Maya's favorite holiday until her dad left. Then she didn't really like holidays. Or life, really. But that changed when she met the Matthews. Then Thanksgiving was once again her favorite holiday, And she once again loved holidays.

After prepping for dinner, it was late so everyone went to sleep. Maya was sleeping over, but wasn't really "sleeping over." She couldn't sleep so she was actually just staying over. She was too excited for tomorrow to actually sleep.

----------------------------------------------
The Next Day: Thanksgiving:
----------------------------------------------

The next day everyone woke up in time to watch the parade on TV. Usually, they would go out and actually see the parade. But this was their biggest thanksgiving yet. They had a lot to do, so they couldn't go. Riley turned the parade on TV and went to the kitchen to get some breakfast. It was their favorite cereals.

Auggie picked cinnamon toast crunch, Riley picked Reese's puffs, Maya picked fruity pebbles, Topanga picked frosted flakes and Cory picked cocoa pebbles.

They all enjoyed their cereal while watching the parade. They were also getting stuff ready while the parade was on. Maya helped the Matthews get everything ready until she had to leave and go back to her house to get ready.

"I'll be back later!" Maya said before she left.

She was in her pajamas walking back to her house. But she didn't care. She was in New York City, after all, there's definitely weirder stuff that goes on.

Once she got to her house, she hopped in the shower. After showering, she put on the outfit she picked out and went to do her hair and makeup. She blow dried her hair, curled it and put if half-up and started to do her makeup. She put on some mascara, some foundation, some nude lipstick, some eyeliner and she did a smokey eye. She painted her nails baby blue. Toes and finger nails.

She put on her shoes, grabbed her coat and went back to the Matthews house.

------------------
With Riley:
------------------

While Maya was at her house getting ready, Riley was getting ready at her own house. She got in the shower and after, got dressed. She put on the outfit she picked out the other day.

After getting dressed, she did her hair and put on a little bit of makeup

-----------------------
With Everyone:
-----------------------