Prologue

The kingdom was ecstatic with the news that there was new born royalty in the castle. The villagers lay restless in their beds, ready to hear the gender. There minds buzzing with excitement; while the king and queen laid in their bed looking at the newborn.

The king and queen were as ecstatic as well as their people as they stared down at their son. He laid in the queens arms peering up at his mother and father with wide curious eyes.

"Elizabeth you did beautifully my love." The king whispered rubbing his sons small hand with his index finger.

Though the queen was happy she had a tinge of doubt that the kingdom would despise the prince. Her mind flashing back to seeing the mark of the willow tree on her son shoulder blade.

"John how do you think the kingdom will react when they find out he's an omega?" She asked worriedly with a slight frown. "What if they rebel against us?" She continued.

"Elizabeth, they will love him. His rank does not matter he is the prince. He is royalty. Besides he'll charm them with his crystal blue eyes, much like you've done to me." The king chuckled.

"John." Elizabeth groaned." I'm your mate. We were made for each other, my eyes have done nothing to draw you in." She scolded.

"Oh but they have, the moment I locked with them they drew me in." John chuckled and kissed her temple."Stop worrying." He smiled.

She nodded and turned her gaze back down to the prince that was transfixed on the two.

"He's going to break hearts. I can see it in his eyes." The queen said her lips pressed in a thin line.

The king couldn't help but laugh at her actions.

"Then he'll be just like his father. Won't you son?" He said kissing the princes forehead.

Gaping the queen slap his arm making the king bellow out a laugh.

"Once he finds his beautiful mate every woman in the kingdom will be jealous." The king said smiling."Just think. He'll be a strong king with a beautiful queen at his side. Much like his father." He gloated.

"Careful John you're ego is showing. Goddess I hope he didn't inherit that." The queen said pullling her son closer.

"We will just have to see." John chuckled as his son let out a small yawn.

"I think its someone's bed time." Elizabeth giggled.

"Let me, the doctor said you should rest." John smiled and took his son from her arms.

"John, the crib is right there." She groaned." Don't treat me so fragile like." She grumbled.

The king only chuckled as he laid his sleeping son down in his crib, covering him lightly with his baby blue blanket.

"Good night, prince Riley." The kind said pressing his lips to his sons forehead before turning back to the bed.

The king wondered what more he could ask for, he had a kingdom, a beautiful queen, and beautiful baby boy. He had a smile palstered on his face as he crawled into bed and pulled the queen into his embrace.

"Good night my love." He whispered softly as the queen eyes bagan to droop.

Kissing her forehead he pulled the blankets over them and slowly fell into a deep slumber.

Guards surrounded the kingdom as the king and queen slept. Rain pelted their armour making a tinking noise ring in their ears. Their eyes were trained on the dark forest that boardered the kingdom, looking for any strange movement. Their shifts had been doubled since the prince was born and they were ready to die for the royal family.