Chapter Eight

Riley stood putting a his weight on his good foot. He was tired of just sitting and having Theo wait on him hand and foot. He didn't like Theo doing things for him, it felt wrong for him to be treated like royalty. He was usued to doing work even if he was injured but Theo wouldn't even allow him to stand up by himself.

Seizing the opportunity with Theo at the spring bathing, Riley was going to show Theo that he didn't need to baby him. He wanted Theo to be proud of him, to not have to worry about him so much.

Letting out a breath Riley took a step forward, as soon as he put his weight on his injured foot white hot pain shot up his leg and spine causing him to collapse on the ground. He dug his teeth into his bottom lip hard enough to draw blood as he tried to keep in his cry of pain. He took deep breaths in and out if his nose, waiting until the pain passed.

With determination still rushing through his veins he stood once more, putting his weight on his good foot once again. Being quick he took a step forward, his bad foot only touching the ground for a second before he took another step forward. Their was still pain but it was less than before,it was bearable. He started limping towards the springs at the back of the cave, small quiet whimpers leaving his lips as he occasionally put to much weight on the injured foot.

There was a fire near the springs, providing light as the gentle glow lit up the cave walls. Theo stood in the small spring running his fingers through his hair, his back turned to where he thought Riley was resting. Opening his eyes, he saw a shadow on the wall making him immediately spin around until his steel orbs landed on Riley.

"What are you doing up little omega?" Theo asked worriedly pulling himself out of the spring.

Rileys eyes never wandered before but his eyes began to follow the droplets of water as they ran down Theos chest. His eyes widened once they saw below the waist, a blush immediately coming to his cheeks as he quickly looked away.

Theo chuckled and picked up a pelt by the spring, wrapping it around his waist.

"Nothing to be shy about, everything you see is yours." Theo said wrapping his arms around Riley and pulling him to his chest." Now tell me why your up, instead of resting." Theo said softly.

"I-i wanted to show you th-that you dont have to wait on me hand and foot, th-that I can do things myself so y-you don't have to worry about me so much." Riley stammered, looking everywhere but at Theo.

"Its my job to worry about you. Its also my job to spoil you and make you feel like a prince because you are all I care about, you are my main priority." Theo said taking Riley's chin in his fingers.

Riley's blush darkened as he saw the love in Theo's eyes, his breathing hitching at the sight. Theo smiled and pressed his lips to Riley's. The kiss was short but still left Riley feeling like he was on cloud nine.

"Now," Theo started his fingers playing with the hem of Riley's sweater." Come join me?" He asked nodding back towards the spring.

Riley could only nod his head as he still floated on his high from the kiss, his head swimming as Theo pulled his sweater over his head. Riley came back to his senses as Theo ran his thumb across his pale cheek, Riley blushed as Theo looked at him like he was the most important thing in the world.

Theo's eyes stayed locked with Riley's as he gently picked him up, letting the pelt fall from around his waist as he walked back to the spring. A smile formed on his lips as Riley smiled down at him, the omega bringing his fingers up and tracing Theo's cheeks.

"How did I get so lucky?" Theo asked himself out loud.

"What do you mean?" Riley asked looking down at him.

"I mean how did I get so lucky for the moon goddess to give me such a perfect mate?" He asked pecking Riley's lips.

"I'm not perfect Theo, I'm anything but perfect." Riley said softly, a frown forming on his lips.

"I don't see how your not." Theo replied washing Riley's back.

"I'm covered in scars, I'm a sack of bones. Im weak and worst of all I wasn't able to save myself for you." Riley said softly his eyed filling with tears.

"That doesn't matter. Your perfect because after all that happened your still a kind hearted soul, you didn't let them corrupt you." Theo said wiping a stray tear from Riley's face.

"Theo?" Riley asked after a few moments of silence.

"Hmm?" Theo hummed as he washed Riley's chest.

Riley was nervous to speak his next few words but he needed to get then off his chest. He knew he was probably moving to fast but he didn't care, he needed to tell Theo the truth.

"I love you." Riley whispered softly.