Chapter Twenty Seven

Riley laid on the ground, his fingers threading through the soft blades of grass. He looked up at the gray sky, a sad smile on his lips as images of Theo flashed through his head. He could remember the way the man smiled, the sound of his laughter, and the love in his voice every time he said 'I love you'. A lump formed in Riley's throat, tears prickling his eyes yet he didn't let them fall.

"I miss you Theo." Riley whispered up to the sky, a tear falling down his cheek.

The only thing Riley could hear was the wind blowing through the trees, and two birds singing in harmony as gray clouds moved across the sun. The omega gently wiped his cheek free from the few tears that had slipped out of his eyes, he gave a soft smile and blew a kiss to the sky before standing to his feet and dusting himself off.

"Riley?" a deep, soft, voice rumbled from behind the omega making him freeze.

Slowly the boy turned around and his breath hitched at the sight of his mate.

"T-theo?" Riley asked in disbelief, a sob leaving his lips.

Theo gave him a soft smile, opening his arms to the boy. With a smile and a sob leaving his lips the omega ran towards him with tear falling down his cheeks. Riley's smile falter as Theo seemed to flicker away until there was a man standing there, blood running down his face.

The omegas movements stopped making Theo frown, he lifted his arm up once more only for it to fall off.

"Theo!" Riley screamed running towards the man again.

No matter how hard the boy ran he couldn't get to his mate. He watched in horror as the man fell to pieces in front of him, Theo crying out Riley's name. By the time Riley made it to Theo, he was missing both his arms and his legs, blood running down the side of his mouth as he gasped for air.

"No! T-theo! No! I-im sorry. P-please don't leave me." Riley sobbed and placed the mans head in his lap.

"I-its a-all your fault. I-i should've l-left you to that rogue." Theo supttered with a cough, blood splattering on Riley's cheeks.

The omega only sobbed, shaking his head violently as he watched the rogues eyes close. He doubled over the man, his salty tears splashing against Theo's cheeks.

"I-im sorry." Riley whimpered brokenly as he moved the black locks from the mans face.

******

Riley gasped as he woke up, his body lurching forward. He shook violently as he broke out into a cold sweat, tears building in his eyes.

Riley curled into himself, screaming out in agony as he tugged harshly at his white locks. He screamed until his throat became sore and his lungs begged for air.

Flint came into the room, worry on his face as he saw Riley shaking and screaming in his bed. The guard frowned and rushed towards the boys side and scooped him up in his arms.

"I-its my fault." Riley whimpered into the mans chest the dream replaying in his head on a loop.

"No, Riley. Its not your fault." Flint cooed rocking the boy back and forth in his lap.

The omegas face soon became void of any emotions. The tear stains still painted on his cheeks as he laid in Flint's arms, unmoving. Flint held in his own tears, as the boy became limp in his arms. He had no idea the pain that Riley was going through but his heart ached for the poor boy.

"Let's go get you something to eat." Flint said softly twisting a strand of the white hair in between his fingers.

"I'm not hungry." Riley said in almost a robotic voice as he moved away from Flint, his movements seeming mechanical as he crawled to the top of the bed and slipped under the blankets.

He laid down, his head resting on the pillow. His eyes were open, the ocean blue eyes were dull and lifeless. The man next to him knew that he was losing it. Losing the will to do anything and that soon they were going to lose the prince himself.

"I'm sorry Riley. I wish I could help, I wish I could take the pain away. If I could give the man back to you I would but I can't. I failed you by promising you if get him back. I know your hurting, hurting so badly that ur losing the will to live but please keep fighting. I'm here for you, don't shut me out." Flint said as he looked at the omega a tear slipping down his cheek.

Soon the guard left Riley, and the boys demons came to life once more and continued to crush him.