Chapter Thirty

The king watched Riley sleep, he could see the boys eyebrows scrunch together every now and then, the bottom lip that occasionally wobbled, and he could hear his soft whimpers as he wiggled where he laid clutching the shirt tighter in his hands. Slowy he pushed himself off the door frame and made his way towards the prince's bed and sat down next to his son. His eyes immediately landed on the omegas tear stained cheeks, the king frowned at the sight and gently wiped the stains away.

"Riley, wake up." John said shaking the boy gently until his dull eyes opened and a frown appeared on his face." Time to get dressed." He said with a soft smile and walked towards Riley's closet.

"Father, please, I don't want to meet another woman. I don't want any of them." Riley brokenly.

"You don't get to chose anymore, I've chosen for you." John said laying the items on the bed next to the omegas feet." Now, get dressed." John demanded and left the room.

Riley frowned, tear prickling his eyes as he moved the silk blankets from his body and proceeded to get dressed.

*****

Riley limped behind his father, small grunts of pain leaving his lips as he tried desperately to keep up. His blue uniform seemed baggy on his small frail body and his crown continuously slipped off the top of his head. He held the crown in place with his hand, a whimper leaving his lips. Riley saw the king stop a few feet in front of him, standing next to Flint. Riley stopped next to his father, his eyes focused on the grey sky above them.

"I'm sorry Theo." he said softly in his head, a frown appearing on his lips at the thought of marrying someone other than his mate.

Something moving front of them caught Riley's attention, his eyes locking on the people that moved closer together. He squinted, trying to see all of their faced as the king stood off to the side a smile on his face. Rileys expression slowly morphed into one of shock as the faces became focused.

"T-Theo?" He whispered in disbelief, tears prickling his eyes.

The man being supported by the guards lifted his head, his steel gray eyes locking with Riley's ocean blues. The omegas hand shot up to cover his mouth as a sobbed ripped through his chest. Theo stood, supported by two men, his left arm wrapped around his torso as he held the area in pain, his right eyebrow had a cut next to it causing blood to run down the side of his face.

Theo looked at Riley, who had tears falling down his cheeks, stretched out his left arm and gave the boy a smile of relief before motioning him forward. Riley didn't hesitate, he ran to the rogue and wrapped his arms around Theo making the man groan in pain, but it didn't stop him from wrapping his arm tightly around the omega.

"Please. Please don't be a dream." Riley whimpered into the mans chest, clutching the back of his shirt on his hands.

"Its no dream my little omega." Theo said softly only resulting in Riley sobbing into his chest."its okay, I'm here now." He cooed only making Riley's sobs worsen.

******

Theo laid on Riley's bed, watching his omega run around the room scrambling to grab supplies to nurse the mans wounds. The man took this time to drink in Riley's image but it only made his heart ache. His omega was unhealthy thin, his eyes were sunken in and surrounded by bags, his cheeks were sicken in as well and it only made him frown.

Riley placed the items he'd collected on the bed, his eyes flickering towards the man watching him. The man covered in wounds and missing half of his arm because of him. His hands shook as he cut open Theo's shirt, his bottom lip pulled between his teeth in attempt to stop it from wobbling. His eyes filled with tears as he fumbled with one of the packages, his fingers seemed unwilling to open it.

"Riley stop," Theo said taking the omegas hands in his one huge one." stop. Look at me." The said softly, his velvet voice that Riley had longed to hear reaching the omegas ears causing him to sob.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." Riley sobbed.

Using what strength the had he gently pulled the omega onto the bed and to his chest.

"Riley, none of this is your fault. Dont blame yourself." He cooed, running his fingers through the soft white locks, its fingers longed to feel.

"Hold me. Hold me tighter, please." Riley begged.

"I'm afraid to, I might break you, you've gotten so skinny." Theo whispered.

"You won't, Theo, please. I-i need you to." He sobbed looking up at the man teary eyed.

Theo frowned but wrapped his arm tighter around Riley, pulling him closer so he straddled his lap. Riley soon pulled back from the hug, unsatisfied. He grabbed Theo's face in his hands and smashed his lips to the rogues, the mans arm tightening around his waist and pulling the boy closer as their lips moved in sync.