Chapter Sixteen

Theo and Riley walked side by side, the leaves and twigs on the forest floor crunching under their paws. They're tails swished, brushing together every now and then causing the both of them to smile. Rileys happiness sparkled in his eyes and each time Theo glanced towards the omega he could see it, a warm and fuzzy feeling spreading throughout his body at the sight.

Theo quickly leaned over and licked Riley's fur covered cheek, the omega's eyes widening as his head snapped to the rogue who gave a wolfish grin. Riley barked out a giggle and licked Theo's cheek before rubbing his his head under the black wolfs chin. Theo gave an approving groan/whine and rubbed his chin across the omegas head.

Theo thought now was a good time to take a break from their journey, he felt like they had traveled far enough for the time being. Smiling to himself Theo pulled away from Riley and crouched into a playing stance. His front half was lowered to the ground while his behind was raised in the air, his tail swishing in the air.

Riley tilted his head in confusion as he looked towards Theo, he didn't understand the meaning of this stance due to the fact he was never allowed to play with others as a pup. Theo barked, telling Riley he wanted to play. Still confused on how to respond he crouched down like Theo did causing the other wolf to yip with joy.

Theo pounced at Riley's paws, nipping at his feet telling him to run. It finally clicked in Riley's mind he took off, smiling as Theo chased after him. The rogue was being slow, allowing the omega to think he was winning as they weaved in and out of trees. Riley was laughing on the inside, he was having fun.

Riley broke through the trees his eyes closed as he enjoyed the wind blowing through his fur. Theo smiled as he watched Riley enjoying himself, he loved Riley and to see him happy only made the rogue feel like he was doing something in this horrid world right.

Snapping out of his thoughts Theo let himself go and run at full speed, he tackled Riley to the ground and pinned the light grey wolf below him. Riley smiled up at Theo and licked his cheek, the black wolf only snorted in a laugh and licked Riley's face.

Riley squirmed, trying to wiggle his way out from underneath Theo as the wolf continued his assault. Theo finally stopped and Riley glared up at him,but he couldn't hold it for long as he saw the love sparkling in the wolfs eyes. Riley leaned up and allowed their noses to touch, both of them sighing in content.

Theo moved off of Riley and allowed him to get up, once again Riley rubbed his head under Theo's chin. The omega opened his eyes, discovering something he didn't see before in the green field.

A castle.

Riley's eyes widened at the sight, he'd never seen something as magnificent as this. Theo's eyes landed on the castle and he stiffened, he hadn't realised they wondered this far out. He gently nugded Riley and lead him back to the woods, the omega didn't want to go but he knew it was for the best. He knew Theo was protecting him.

"Halt." A voice commanded from behind the two." Well what do we have here? A rogue and," he paused as both lycans turned around." an omega." The guard smirked.

Theo snarled and stood over Riley who had crouched down in fear. Theo puffed out his chest, showing dominance as he looked towards the guard that dared to look at Riley.

"Protective over the little bitch I see. " the guard snickered making Theo snarl.

"Don't taunt them Page." Another voice chuckled." Shift rogues and state your business." The unknown man said.

Theo and Riley shifted into their human forms, Riley hiding behind Theo and clutching his arm.

"We mean now harm. We were just taking a break from our journey and wandered to far. We will leave." Theo stated.

The guards had ceased listening as his eyes landed one white hair peeking out from behind Theo.

"Omega, step out." The man said and watched as Riley moved out more so only half of his face was hidden.

The guards eyes immediately landed on Riley's exposed hip that sported the royal birth mark.

"The prince." The guard gasped and immediately dropped to kneal before Riley.

"I'm not a prince." Riley said softly.

"You have the royal birth mark, come, follow me. We must tell the king, he's been searching for you." The guard spoke hurriedly.

Riley looked up at Theo in question.

"You will come willingly or by force. Either way your seeing the king." Page barked.

Theo scowled but agreed, pulling Riley closer to him.