Chapter Thirteen

Theo couldn't help the smile on his face as he ran his fingers through Riley's white hair as the boy slept. The omega let out unconscious purrs as Theo continued his actions, he found comfort in the gentle touch of the rogues warm hand.

Riley's eyes fluttered open, his glazed eyes landing on Theo. His own soft smile formed on his lips as he melted into Theo, his head nuzzling the man's bare chest.

"Thank you Theo. I never knew something like that could actually feel good." Riley mumbled against Theo's warm skin.

" I would never had done it if it would've harmed you." Theo said honestly, cupping Riley's cheek.

Riley's eyes showed as much love as Theo's did, leaning down the rogue pressed his lips to the omegas in a gentle kiss. It was full of love, not hunger or lust, just pure love that made a warm fuzzy feeling explode in both of them.

Theo pulled back resting his forehead against Riley's. The omegas unfocused eyes making that feeling ten times stronger.

"I love you." Theo said softly.

"I love you too." Riley replied and nestled his head in Theo's nape.

Riley felt content, he knew this is where he belonged, wrapped in Theo's arms. He knew that no matter where they were, Theo was his home.

******

Riley laid on his stomach, a sigh of relief leaving his lips as Theo massaged the knots away. After a relaxing bath Theo carried Riley back to the piles of fur and began to massage the knots he'd earned from making love on a hard floor, despite the pelts.

Riley didn't care about the knots, if they could do that again he would suffer through the knots to do so. He shivered as Theo pressed a kiss between his shoulder blades, it was unexpected but it was welcomed.

Riley rolled over onto his back and carefully sat up, trying to ignore the pain he got in his lower back. He looked up at Theo who towered over him even sitting down. The omega leaned up and pressed his lips to Theo's, a smile forming on Theo's lips.

"I love you. I could never thank you enough for putting up with me like you have been." Riley said wrapping his arms around Theo's waist.

"Riley, don't ever think I put up with you. That's not how it is, mates have always been a big deal to me. Before I even met you I promised you I would never hurt or judge you. I promised I would take care of you and love you, even die for you if it came to that." Theo said running his thumb across the omegas pale cheek.

Riley still thought that Theo shouldn't risk his life for him, but he didn't want to fight so he went along with it. He knew no matter what he said it wouldn't change a thing in Theo's mind.

"I love you." Riley repeated nestling his head in the man's nape and taking in a deep breath through his nose, breathing in the scent he knew as Theo.

"I love you too, my little omega." Theo purred burying his face in the boys white halo.

They sat there holding each other close, savoring each other's touch. A twig snap sounded from outside, Theo's head popping up and looking towards the mouth of the cave. His eyebrows furrowed as he saw nothing there. He could hear shuffling of leaves, feet, not paws.

"Riley, I want you to go fix the bag. Put anything you think is useful into it then I want you to shift. I'll be right back." Theo said standing to his feet, Riley standing next to him.

The omega nodded and limped away, doing what he was told while Theo walked towards the mouth of the cave. His eyes scanned the area, his ears honed in on the shuffling and quiet whispers. He took in a whiff of air through his nose, he could smell scents mixed together as they moved in a group. He picked up on Riley's low whimpers and immediately turned to see the omega on the ground, tears streaming down his face. It had been too long since the last time he had shifted and it felt as if he was shifting for the first time. Theo quickly made his way back to Riley and kneeled down next to him, running his fingers across his back as he transformed, trying to ease the pain he felt. Theo awed at the light grey fur the omega had, he wanted to tell Riley how beautiful his pelt was, but there was no time for that he needed to get Riley safe.

Theo slipped the satchel over Riley's head once he was finally able to stand,he quickly kissed the omegas nose before whispering for him to stay there. Theo moved back to the mouth of the cave and looked around his eyes immediately landing on the blue uniform of a royal warrior.